NEWS: Internet Explorer 7 Final Released Today !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Microsoft will release the final build of IE7 today to customers.

The company is expected to push the build onto automatic updates on 1st November.

At the moment there is no link on Microsoft.com but Yahoo has the final build bundled with Yahoo mail. All you need to do is download the Yahoo edition and use WinRAR to extract the files and run IE7-Setup.exe
Internet Explore 7 - Yahoo

MS has already distributed this to customers...

Hi Folks,

The final release of Internet Explorer 7 should be available today and will be delivered to customers via Automatic Updates starting November 1st. Prior to deployment of IE 7, we strongly recommend that you test your Web sites, extensions, and applications to make sure they are ready. Microsoft recommends that Web sites and applications are ready for the release of Internet Explorer 7 this month.

Internet Explorer 7 is highly compatible with the Web sites, extensions, and applications out there today and we have made significant improvements in security, rendering, and usability. However, some of these improvements and new features may cause some sites to not render properly or change how the user interacts with your site, extension or application.

Help ensure your Web sites, extensions, and applications are compatible with Internet Explorer 7 by testing Internet Explorer 7 and utilizing the following resources and tools to help you identify and resolve any compatibility issues:

Install the latest build of Internet Explorer 7
*www.microsoft.com/windows/ie
Prepare your organization using the Internet Explorer 7 Readiness Toolkit
*go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=64421
Ensure browser-based applications are compatible by using Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
*www.microsoft.com/technet/windowsvi...mpat/tools.mspx
Prepare for Internet Explorer 7 to be delivered via Automatic Updates and Windows Update
*www.microsoft.com/technet/updateman...nouncement.mspx
If needed, install the Internet Explorer 7 Blocker Toolkit to block automatic delivery
*go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=65788
Use the following additional resources to investigate and resolve compatibility issues:
Visit MSDN (msdn.microsoft.com/ie) for supporting information
Visit the IE team blog (*blogs.msdn.com/ie/) to research, make inquiries, and provide feedback
Microsoft recommends that enterprises are prepared for automatic delivery by November 1st

We encourage you to prepare for the release of Internet Explorer 7. If you have feedback, please use the IE team blog or the Provide Feedback link in the Readiness Toolkit.

Keep in mind that for customers that are using WSUS, you will be able to prevent deployment of IE 7 until you have fully completed your testing. For customers that may not be using WSUS, a Blocker Toolkit is available which can also be used to prevent clients from receiving this update.
Source

OFFICIAL MICROSOFT LINKS:

32-bit Edition
64-bit Edition

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

damn, u beat me to it

Just downloaded IE 7 final yahoo version. This is simply IE 7 + Yahoo branding, so u can simply also download this , extract with WinRAR or WinZIP & run the iesetup file to install normal IE7

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Um... Microsoft site Says its still RC1, Where do I get it officially from Microsoft?

(I DONT want to try the version 'hacked' by Yahoo)

Edit: Anyone knows when WMP11 Final will be Released?

G

gxsaurav

just tried...pirates are out of luck now, old update.exe trick doesn't work. I m installing it on VMware first. The build number is 7.0.5730.11

subbzzz

U can download the yahoo file which i linked to, & then simply extract the IE7-setup file, to install IE7. WMP11 is stated to relese on Octobar 24

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gxsaurav

Oh...k, cryptographic service was disabled in vmware

Anyway, in case you fail to install it using the usual method, of cryptographic service error, then do the following, just like IE 7 RC1. Uninstall any previous version of IE 7 though in this case. Usually, IE 7 RTM will uninstall it itself

1) Extract all the files in a folder
2) Go to update folder, inside the primary folder
3) Install idndl.exe, then nlsdl.exe then xmlsetup.exe
4) Reboot & install update.exe, that’s it

Edit: IE 7 RTM is quite good, memory usage is lower now when visiting heavy flash sites like evermotion.org

When u start it for the first time it tells u to either leave your default search provider as it is or switch to some other service provider. It also asks u weather to leave phishing filter on or off, & weather to enable cleartype for HTML pages on or not

*img285.imageshack.us/img285/1445/page1sb0.th.jpg

1) Page rendering is faster, this is much like what Firefox & Opera do, they show the page on screen as soon as it starts downloading the content in the cache memory...more like Opera's "Render instantly" setting

2) U can increse the rendering speed further, by disabling the phishing filter, as even if the page is loaded in cache, it won't show till it is checked. Power users need not to worry, as they can normally disable phishing filter & stay put, but others should leave it open, it nevre bugs anyway unless the website is phishy

Last edited by a moderator:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Cool , Final IE7 is out , i am pretty happy with th rc i am using currently , will wait till 24th oct for wmp11 and then make a new fresh windows installation image.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!

This new version is really rocking :D

Its too fast than previous builds, I founbd it as faster as ff & opera :)

I'll suggest all of u to at least try it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom