NEWBIE] playstation 2 buying help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00by

Broken In
I don't know much about playstion and stuff. I have played smurai nintendo games before.

Can you advise me which is the best video game console?

I am thinking of buying playstation 2.

I have heard that I need to 'mod' it to run 'cheap' game cds bought from palika bazaar.

my question is that should I buy playstation 2 from ebay or indiatimes online web site or should I buy it from palika bazaar in delhi?

Will I be able to mod the playstation bought from ebay?

I don't want to buy expensive game cds. hence, the mod option.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
A PS2 is a good choice even now, but do also consider the Xbox or the upcoming Xbox 360 if you can afford it. If you want the biggest game library, go in for a PS2, if you're more of a graphicswhore and a fan of the FPS/Action-Adventure genre, go in for an Xbox. I personally went in for a PS2 because the games available for it are so varied that you can never get bored in your life. Yes, a PS2 needs to be modded if you want to play pirated games on it, and I think the ones being sold on eBay are pre-modded, so you dont have to worry about modding them. You can always ask the seller a question, but I would recommend you go to a PS2 shop in Palika and check it out first hand and buy it. The prices you would get there would be much cheaper than buying it online. Dont worry about modding these either, these come pre-modded too. As long as you don't buy from Sony World, you shouldn't have a problem with modding.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
It would make sense to read through this thread at SKOAR! forums. You will find a lot of information there given by Enoonmai and other members at SKOAR! forums.

OP
d00by

d00by

Broken In
enoonmai said:
Yes, a PS2 needs to be modded if you want to play pirated games on it, and I think the ones being sold on eBay are pre-modded, so you dont have to worry about modding them. You can always ask the seller a question, but I would recommend you go to a PS2 shop in Palika and check it out first hand and buy it. The prices you would get there would be much cheaper than buying it online. Dont worry about modding these either, these come pre-modded too. As long as you don't buy from Sony World, you shouldn't have a problem with modding.

Thank you for the help. :)

Any idea how to make sure that the ps2 I am buying is genuine and is modded?

I am asking this as palika bazaar does not have a very good reputation. I want to know of a simple way to make sure that I am gettting what I paid for.

So, can you explain how to make sure that the PS2 I buy from palika bazaar is genuine and is modded?

Also, Any idea what price PS2 sells at palika bazaar? :roll: :)

Also, would you recommend any must have accessory that should be bought along with PS2. If yes, can you tell me their estimated price and brand?

Also, as I have only played samurai nintendo games, what games will you recommend that I should absolutely play on PS2? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom