New Video Editing PC (VFM-no compomise on performance)(4-DAYS)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
for my brother-in-law:
going to learn Photoshop and after effects and other video editing thingies to MAX.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:As Low as Possible actually, but please, VFM, No compromise on performance
3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No, Noob friendly please,
4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10, already have it.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB and a ( SSD for OS + Softwares )

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:YES, BenQ GW2760HS (is this okay?)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Have nothing

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: max 4 days to order

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Tutorials will help

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Bangalore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: need to add UPS, Power Strip
thinking: is the ssd small? is the gpu outdated? is the RAM enough

Code:
MONITOR	16900	BenQ GW2760HS 68.5 cm (27)
RAM	3,158	CORSAIR Vengeance® LPX 8GB
PSU	4650	CORSAIR Builder Series™ CX500 
SSD	4894	Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB
HDD	3760	WD Blue 1TB
KB/MOU  1629	Logitech Mk345 Wireless Keyboard
CABINET	3400	ANTEC X1-T
MOBO	12,400	GIGABYTE GA-H170
CPU	26000	Intel Core i7 6700
GPU	19,550.00	Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix DirectCU II Graphics Card (4 GB, GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, 3 x Display Port)

[B]96341[/B]

shubham412302

Broken In
Get a H170 motherboard from Asrock for about 8k with usb 3.1 as it will be a good option to have and get gtx 960 2gb you will save money if you are not playing games. For video editing and photo editing gtx 960 gives almost same performance as higher end cards. i7 6700 costs max 24000. Here is the comparison of performance of various video cards for video editing AMD vs Nvidia for Video Rendering - Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder - YouTub

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 91.4k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H170-D3H9,000
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 8GB 2133Mhz DDR44,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX960 4GB DDR517,500
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520w4,800
SSDSamsung 850 Evo 120GB4,500
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
MonitorBenQ GW2760HS 27" LED IPS16,900
Keyboard/MouseLogitech MK345 Keyboard & Mouse Combo1,700
Total91,400
Buy from Swetha Computers, CTC, Secunderabad. Ask for Mr. Gopi or Mr. Moolchand in Swetha Computers and ask for a Quote for the entire config. Okay.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
If its a pure video editing/encoding PC [Work only, No gaming strictly], then skip on the GPU. Or maybe get a basic GPU. Video encoding is purely CPU based and you should concentrate on getting a top of the line processor. also go for a good cooler to keep the CPU cool for those long, hot, encoding tasks.

Also, a moderately good motherboard with a good power supply section is important to keep supplying the power to the processor.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
If its a pure video editing/encoding PC [Work only, No gaming strictly], then skip on the GPU. Or maybe get a basic GPU. Video encoding is purely CPU based and you should concentrate on getting a top of the line processor. also go for a good cooler to keep the CPU cool for those long, hot, encoding tasks.

Also, a moderately good motherboard with a good power supply section is important to keep supplying the power to the processor.
[MENTION=322086]shubham412302[/MENTION] post tells CPU ONLY is a bad idea - source linus tech video...

- - - Updated - - -

is only i7 6700 ok or a i5 k version is better than 6700?

- - - Updated - - -

Get a H170 motherboard from Asrock for about 8k with usb 3.1 as it will be a good option to have and get gtx 960 2gb you will save money if you are not playing games. For video editing and photo editing gtx 960 gives almost same performance as higher end cards. i7 6700 costs max 24000. Here is the comparison of performance of various video cards for video editing AMD vs Nvidia for Video Rendering - Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder - YouTub

how is ASRock compared to GIGABYTE?
I own 5 GIGABYTE BOARDS and a fan of it, though in ASRock USB 3.1 is attractive, should I go for it? Quality concerns...

- - - Updated - - -

Budget - 91.4k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700
MotherboardGigabyte GA-H170-D3H9,000
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 8GB 2133Mhz DDR44,000
Graphics CardZotac GTX960 4GB DDR517,500
Power SupplySeasonic S12II 520w4,800
SSDSamsung 850 Evo 120GB4,500
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,500
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
MonitorBenQ GW2760HS 27" LED IPS16,900
Keyboard/MouseLogitech MK345 Keyboard & Mouse Combo1,700
Total91,400
Buy from Swetha Computers, CTC, Secunderabad. Ask for Mr. Gopi or Mr. Moolchand in Swetha Computers and ask for a Quote for the entire config. Okay.

BIL @ Bangalore. and can't find spec 01 @ 3.5k online [I bought a spec 02 @ 4.2k 1 year back], Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H for 9k ? where?
will look into seasonic, it is much better than corsair But HOW is the service?

- - - Updated - - -

Suggestions for UPS - Is APC 1KVA needed? there are repeated power cuts, lots of. data saving is important than backup

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
- - - Updated - - -
- - - Updated - - -
how is ASRock compared to GIGABYTE?
I own 5 GIGABYTE BOARDS and a fan of it, though in ASRock USB 3.1 is attractive, should I go for it? Quality concerns...
- - - Updated - - -
BIL @ Bangalore. and can't find spec 01 @ 3.5k online [I bought a spec 02 @ 4.2k 1 year back], Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H for 9k ? where?
will look into seasonic, it is much better than corsair But HOW is the service?

Asrock RMA Concerns me as I once faced them with negative result.
Gigabyte is also my favourite brand as I never faced any difficulty in their Quality or RMA process here in Secunderabad.
The prices of components I specified are based on Swetha Computers Quote 1 month ago. Okay.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Asrock RMA Concerns me as I once faced them with negative result.
Gigabyte is also my favourite brand as I never faced any difficulty in their Quality or RMA process here in Secunderabad.
The prices of components I specified are based on Swetha Computers Quote 1 month ago. Okay.

Tq, will go for GIGABYTE.

c'mon guys where's the reply??? BUMP

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=322086]shubham412302[/MENTION] post tells CPU ONLY is a bad idea - source linus tech video...

- - - Updated - - -

is only i7 6700 ok or a i5 k version is better than 6700?

I was under the impression that video editing/encoding is a CPU based process. that was how it was earlier. if softwares nowadays can leverage the GPu for parallel process then it makes perfect sense to add a GPU.

Also, i7 is inherently better than an i5. because it has more number of cores. even if the i5 is overclocked, the i7 will have the advantage here if you look at the big picture.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
you can pay 26k for 6700 instead of 23.8k for xeon processor with only 2.5% performance difference. They even fit in same sockets

6700 then.
UPS suggestion 600va or 1kva? APC or any other brand?
I think I'm missing the USB 3.1 in the gigabyte board, but is only 1 USB 3.1 enough? or it still needs to evolve to 4-8 ports in mobo?

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP: regd UPS and mobo

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
6700 then.
UPS suggestion 600va or 1kva? APC or any other brand?
I think I'm missing the USB 3.1 in the gigabyte board, but is only 1 USB 3.1 enough? or it still needs to evolve to 4-8 ports in mobo?

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP: regd UPS and mobo

UPS: APC 1100VA UPS @ 5.5k
Mobo: Gigabyte H170-D3H @ 9k

USB 3.1 needs to evolve to 4-8 ports so 1 port is not enough.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
UPS: APC 1100VA UPS @ 5.5k
Mobo: Gigabyte H170-D3H @ 9k

USB 3.1 needs to evolve to 4-8 ports so 1 port is not enough.

MSI H170 Gaming M3
how about this? warranty, service and reliability
and where can I get the gigabyte one for 9k? online
MSI H170 Gaming M3 LGA 1151 Intel H170 USB 3 0 ATX Intel Motherboard | eBay

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
MSI H170 Gaming M3
how about this? warranty, service and reliability
and where can I get the gigabyte one for 9k? online
MSI H170 Gaming M3 LGA 1151 Intel H170 USB 3 0 ATX Intel Motherboard | eBay

MSI is reliable and its RMA is dealt by Acro Engineering Company which offers 3 years warranty to all its Motherboards.
MSI H170 Gaming M3 is available locally at 10.5k
So its better to get all the components locally.

In SP Road, Bangalore go to Ashirwad Computers and Golchha Computers to get good prices. Okay.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
MSI is reliable and its RMA is dealt by Acro Engineering Company which offers 3 years warranty to all its Motherboards.
MSI H170 Gaming M3 is available locally at 10.5k
So its better to get all the components locally.

In SP Road, Bangalore go to Ashirwad Computers and Golchha Computers to get good prices. Okay.

hey thanks! and how about ASUS z170 h170 mobo's? few of them also have usb 3.1...still checking

AND for future-proof I need NVIDIA SLI mobo, so please suggest on this too. will finalize by tomorrow
since many posts tell that SLI for 4K reduces rendering time by half. only if <15k

Last edited:
OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
built and working! got antec x1-t with window for 1.9k locally at bangalore. + transcend dard reader(2.0) + a tp-link wlan usb adapter.
using sharkk boombox as speakers. monitor is another model from benq with that new MHL thingy(snapdeal sent a faulty 2760hs and got refund and got this new one locally).

and got apc 1000va with LCD display...really it is PREMIUM..

thanks guys!

Top Bottom