New to Adobe Photoshop

I am planning to learn Adobe Photoshop. Can i know which version among Adobe CS family (CS 1 to CS 6) is less resource hungry that can be used to learn.

clmlbx

Technomancer
don't use below cs2 (at least)as you will miss a lott.. and what are your specs.. I think you can easily start wit cs6 as you are just learning so you are not going for high resolution files.. so it will work share your specs.. and also see minimum requirements for each version..

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
don't use below cs2 (at least)as you will miss a lott.. and what are your specs.. I think you can easily start wit cs6 as you are just learning so you are not going for high resolution files.. so it will work share your specs.. and also see minimum requirements for each version..

I have a desktop & a laptop.
Desktop config - Intel Dual Core 3ghz [not core 2 duo model], 1 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD, Windows XP SP3 32 bit
Laptop config - Intel Core i5 2450m [2.5 ghz], 2 GB Ram, 500 GB HDD, Windows 7 Basic SP1 64 bit

My laptop even though has a Core i5 processor, it is limited with respect to RAM. That's why i told earlier "less resource intensive"

clmlbx

Technomancer
For Desktop

run cs5.. not cs6.. cs6 is still buggy.. :( If not then run cs3 not cs4..

you are not gonna go with high resolution files right? you just want to learn.... It will be ok.. if possible add at least one GB more..

In laptop run cs5 it will run perfectly.. well no high resolution images..

In fact you can't go with high resolution image no matter what ever version you choose because of your ram..

sujoyp

Grand Master
CS5 with 1 GB ram would be too less...i have used it for sometime with a 3ghz p4 and 1 GB DDR1....it takes long to apply anything...u should increase the RAM to 2GB...maybe it will be bit better.

Now I have i3 with 4GB and its running very smoothly...

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
It's always good to have 4 gigs of RAM if you are going to be using Photoshop regularly. I am assuming your laptop has DDR3 coz it has i5 second generation proccy. So just add another 2 GB of RAM in the free slot (there must be one). It usually costs 700 bucks if you do it at the time of purchase, but now they might ask for service charge, so it may cost around 1k. Then you can use any version you wish (although, I agree with clmlbx, CS6 is a little buggy)

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ ya cs6 is damn buggy, using it now.. Web features are damn slow comparing to cs5.

one more thing @ op see this

IMO cs2 is good but very old you will miss lot of feature

cs3 good to use

cs4 OK but if possible skip it..

cs5 again it is good well recommended

cs6 good excluding few features but it will be resolved in future updates then it will be the best version to work on.

OP
R

rakesh-the gilli

Journeyman
one more thing @ op see this. IMO cs2 is good but very old you will miss lot of feature

cs3 good to use
cs4 OK but if possible skip it..
cs5 again it is good well recommended
cs6 good excluding few features but it will be resolved in future updates then it will be the best version to work on.

I got it. Thanks for your inputs..

So just add another 2 GB of RAM in the free slot (there must be one)
Your point is absolutely true. I indeed have a slot free. I am planning to upgrade too.

kds

Right off the assembly line
I think Photoshop CS5 or 6 because they have new keyboard shortcuts

like in CS3 feather keyboard is CTRL + ALT + D
but in CS5 to 6 its SHIFT + F6

CS5 got Extract Tool

999,999,99 People Love Photoshop | Facebook

Top Bottom