New tablet within 20k

raj_5004

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends, I need to buy a tablet. My budget is 20,000 - plus minus something. The main purpose is video calling (through wi-fi) and net surfing (3G).

I have a few queries -

1) In flipkart, I saw some tablets which do not have call facility, still they have mentioned that it has wifi + 3G. How is that? If it does not have call facility, it wont have a SIM card and if it does not have a SIM, how will it have 3G?

2) I do have a phone and call facility is not really important to me. But I need net connection 24x7 for e-mails and browsing. For that, I will need to buy a SIM card, isnt it? So if I am buying a SIM for the tab, why not as well buy the tablet with call facility...

Which tab would be the best in my budget? Oh yes, it has to be an Android!

techlover

In the zone
Well if u want to think again iPad 2 16GB Wifi is now for 21-22k only ;)

i feel iOS is still the king when it comes to tablets :D

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There are NO tablets with which you can call using SIM card even if they have sim slot except some select Galaxy Tabs..
My brother owns a Motorola XOOM Wifi+3g, it has a Sim slot but you cannot call.. u can just use sims that u normally use for dongles to access 3G internet..

Android in general doesnot support video calling.. Except a few samsung phones/tablets and some other phones, 3G video calling is not supported on the vast majourity of androids - From Sony to HTC.. none support video calling..

However you call video call using apps like Fring, Tango, yahoo messenger, skype but remember .. it will only work for Fring to Fring, Tango - Tango.. Skype to skype etc..

If you were to purchase a tab, My vote goes to the new Nexus 7 Tab by ASUS if it launches in india.. For around 13K, it has kickass specs and community support..

If calling facility is really important for you, The Galaxy Tab P310, seems good.. but do enquire about it's calling feature.. im not so sure about that :)

PS:- Ipad cannot video call natively.. it can facetime , i.e only for apple devices.. (it can fring though)

OP
R

raj_5004

Right off the assembly line
Thank you friends.

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 P310.

Yes, it has the calling feature. We have tried video calling with 2G using Gtalk and Skype, it works fine.

Top Bottom