New rig .. Please help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vizkid2005

In the zone
Hello everyone ...

I am planning to build a new rig ...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Programming, Gaming, 3ds max, Internet, Downloading,Watching Movies ........

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes ...

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:60 k ..

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Not in near future but maybe after a year ...

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 500 gb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: I have a monitor , don`t need one ...

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: I have disassmebled n assembled my current rig ...
I think I can pull it off ... But my dad will want to get it done by an assembler ..
So ... The Assembler will do it ...

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Around 15th september ...

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes very much ... NO processor or mobo upgrades till next 4 yrs .. only graphics card updates ...
mobo should be SLI/CrossfireX ready ...

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, dvd writer ... I hav all these ...

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: I live in Mumbai ... I won`t be buying from other cities ...

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Please answer my question below ....

Is it the motherboard or the graphics card that determines quality of gameplay ???
I mean ... Is an average mobo with a decent processor and a great graphics card better than a great mobo with great processor and an average/below average graphics card ????

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Core i7 950 @ 13.8k (get it next month after price drop)
MSI X58 Pro-E @ 10.8k
Gskill 6GB 1600 DDR3 Trident Kit @ 8.1k
Zotac GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 @ 14k
Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB @ 2.7k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
Cooler Master Elite 430 @ 2.6k

Total - 57.7k

when will you upgrade the monitor??? because gtx460 will become overkill for that 17 incher.

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Thank You sir ...
Thanks alot for your suggestion ...

But 1 thing I have to ask ...
Is MSI a reliable company ???
Isn`t there a ASUS mobo in sync with X58 pro E ???

I have never used MSI before ...
And also is there any service center in Mumbai (god forbid ... if anything goes wrong :cry: ) ???

Cilus

laborare est orare
Very good suggestion Jaskanwar. One suggestion from my side, you can also go for a ATI Radeon HD 5850 based card. VTX3D HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.2k is a very good card at a gr8 price.
And as Jaskanwar mentioned, the Graphics card is really a overkill for your monitor. Get a good Monitor like Benq 22" one @ 7.4k.

rajan1311

Padawan
^google it my friend, in short, makes game physics feel more real, which is true (IMO) as i used it in mafia 2.

MSI Pro E is a very good VFM board, many have it, MSI service is also decent, I know a few who have had some issues, but they are trying to make it better. It would be nice if more members could talk about MSI's service.

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
@ everyone ...
Can I plz be suggested an AMD based config ??
What (AMD or Intel ) will be better n more futureproof( ie : No mobo and procy update for 4 years :-( ) ????
What do u suggest ???

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
950 will last longer. it performs better than its AMD counterpart at the same price.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

MSI is a good brand. avoid Asus at all cost.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
instead of GTX460 i will recommend
MSI HD5850 Twin frozr II edition for 15.8k(dunno exact price)

go for I7 950 without any single doubt

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Yeah !!
Wats the point !!!
Even if Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge has some new "revolutionary" technology ... Makes no difference to me ...
I ain't some hardcore overclocker ...
If need be I`ll add another graphics card or increase my RAM ...

Wat say ?!!?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
turn PhysX on & tessellation too, & see the card come to a crawl. best is to turn both of these options off. than HD5850 is faster than GTX460. with the added price, the performance is worth.

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Yeah !!
Wats the point !!!
Even if Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge has some new "revolutionary" technology ... Makes no difference to me ...
I ain't some hardcore overclocker ...
If need be I`ll add another graphics card or increase my RAM ...

Wat say ?!!?

Wat do you guys think ???
Am I right or no ???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
OP will be known as Smart Customer. never think of over futureproof when buying PC (futureproof for 3-5yrs with limited budget) & also never be a fanboy. this gives lot of pain in the @$$ later.

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Guys plz suggest a good Cabinet for me ...

What I want is :

Fans on top ...
1 fan at the rear ...
Transparent or window side panel ...
Under 3k ..

Also suggest a good 6 Gb/s hdd and also a 6 gb/s compliant mobo .. Usb 3.0 not neccessary ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom