New Rig @ 38k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vensanga

Journeyman
Will be needing these things after one month for Intel rig so guys pliz help me...
1.Processor
2.Motherboard
3.Graphics Card
4.Ram
5.Power Supply
6.LCD Monitor

(Already owned Cooler Master Elite 334 Ati Radeon Cabinet,WD 500gb Blue)

My budget is around 38k for these rig....

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
1. core i5 750 - 9.7k
2. gigabyte p55 ud2 - 7.5k
3. sapphire 5670 - 5.5k
4. kingston ddr3 4gb - 5.5k
5. corsair 450w - 3.8k
6. benq g2020hd - 6.3k

total - 38k....

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^
The above configuration is good if u wanna go intel inside.

However you wil get better bang for buck if you grow red horns.
xD

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
thanks man but i think i have to increase my budget to get what i have in mind...

3.Graphics - better...
4.Ram - Gskill
6. Monitor - Samsung

Will it be ok is i stick with Core2duo??? will i regret in the future??? with Core2duo i will be able to get better graphics and Monitor..

Piyush

Lanaya
thanks man but i think i have to increase my budget to get what i have in mind...

3.Graphics - better...
4.Ram - Gskill
6. Monitor - Samsung

Will it be ok is i stick with Core2duo??? will i regret in the future??? with Core2duo i will be able to get better graphics and Monitor..
cre2duo is almost obsolete nowadays
better go for AMD based rig
in that way u can then buy a good gfx card

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
cre2duo is almost obsolete nowadays
better go for AMD based rig
in that way u can then buy a good gfx card

your right about core2duo obsolete but my main purpose is gaming and also used for downloading....i kept my system on more than 12 hours a day....am afraid i will have problem with AMD if i kept my system on for that long.....

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Are you kidding.. My system is on 24/7 with AMD Phenom II 720 BE @ 3.6 GHz processor.. the only time when I've to shutdown the system is when there is no electricity or when my dad gets angry...

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
Are you kidding.. My system is on 24/7 with AMD Phenom II 720 BE @ 3.6 GHz processor.. the only time when I've to shutdown the system is when there is no electricity or when my dad gets angry...

ha3...thanks and the same goes for me too....i often got a nice scolding from my parents saying "Shutdown your system when you are away do you know how much the electricity bill is".....hahaha

Neway let me think abt AMD first...i usualy go for INTEL rigs and am not really familiar with AMD....

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
ha3...thanks and the same goes for me too....i often got a nice scolding from my parents saying "Shutdown your system when you are away do you know how much the electricity bill is".....hahaha

Neway let me think abt AMD first...i usualy go for INTEL rigs and am not really familiar with AMD....
dude u can go with amd without any worries .. many of us here have been using it for years without facing any problems...

Cilus

laborare est orare
At a budget of 38k, Intel is not the way to go. The suggested configs are great, but don't expect to play demanding games like Crysis, GTA 4 and the new DirectX 11 games like Battlefield Bad Company in 5670 with all the Eye candy enabled. You have to go for medium or lower-medium setting.

According to me Phenom II 965 + HD 5770 is a better option than Core i5-750 + HD5670.
There is no earth shattering performance difference between Core i5 and Phenom II 965. i5 is marginally better. But there is high performance difference between HD 5770 and HD 5670.

My suggestion is

Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz @ 8.6k
ECS A785GM-M @ 4.6k or MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium @ 5.8k
PSU: Gigabyte 550W @ 3.7k
Display: BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.5k
Graphics Card: PowerColorHD5770 1GB GDDR5 V2 @ 9.6k or XFX HD 5770 @ 9.6k (3 Yrs Warranty compared to 2 Years of other brand)

Total is around near to 40k. But the street price of most of the item is lower than the mentioned price. So probably you will get everything within your budget. This config will provide you best performance on your budget and quiet future-proof.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
your right about core2duo obsolete but my main purpose is gaming and also used for downloading....i kept my system on more than 12 hours a day....am afraid i will have problem with AMD if i kept my system on for that long.....

i myself brought my amd rig 3 weeks back.... it remains open for at least 8-10 hrs a day for downloading stuff.... temprature never soars above 41'C.... if i play call of duty 4 or some other demanding game, max temp. never goes above 48'C.... if i encode from .vob to .amv(divx) or vice-versa, max temp reached is 55'C.... in short amd is best for you....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
At a budget of 38k, Intel is not the way to go. The suggested configs are great, but don't expect to play demanding games like Crysis, GTA 4 and the new DirectX 11 games like Battlefield Bad Company in 5670 with all the Eye candy enabled. You have to go for medium or lower-medium setting.

According to me Phenom II 965 + HD 5770 is a better option than Core i5-750 + HD5670.
There is no earth shattering performance difference between Core i5 and Phenom II 965. i5 is marginally better. But there is high performance difference between HD 5770 and HD 5670.

My suggestion is

Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz @ 8.6k
ECS A785GM-M @ 4.6k or MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1600MHz C9 Titanium @ 5.8k
PSU: Gigabyte 550W @ 3.7k
Display: BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.5k
Graphics Card: PowerColorHD5770 1GB GDDR5 V2 @ 9.6k or XFX HD 5770 @ 9.6k (3 Yrs Warranty compared to 2 Years of other brand)

Total is around near to 40k. But the street price of most of the item is lower than the mentioned price. So probably you will get everything within your budget. This config will provide you best performance on your budget and quiet future-proof.

change PSU to Corsair VX450W as the pricing almost same. also ram to 1333Mhz kit. rest everything good. also get ECS mobo or Biostar TA785G3 HD. don't get MSI's E51. not so good.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
See??I told you it will be better for you to grow red horns.\m/

And don't worry about power and heating problems with amd.They are long gone.

OP
Vensanga

Vensanga

Journeyman
thanks alot guys...will be going for amd and as i have said will not be able to buy just now and will have to wait for maybe one or two months...in that time i may be able to increase my budget and the prices of some hardware might also fall..thank you guys...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks alot guys...will be going for amd and as i have said will not be able to buy just now and will have to wait for maybe one or two months...in that time i may be able to increase my budget and the prices of some hardware might also fall..thank you guys...

by that time X4 630 C3 revision will come out. Lower heat. lower power consumption (maybe). very good OC ability. also cost should be lower quite a bit. add to it GTX460 will come out. you may get HD5850 within your budget then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom