New prob with IE 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Ive been facing this prob from yesterday. When I use I open IE and hit any website, it opens the page slowly and then I'm not able to browse as I cant scroll the mouse

Also there is data being transfered even thogh I'm not browsing. The modem keeps flcikering[data transfering]

Anyone help me.......

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Post your hijak this log here.....

If you have a firewall check which program is accessing internet?

What OS are you Using and service packs and antivir?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try reinstallin the IE6 using the XP cd...
Must be some spy/ad wareas mr.shivaranjan.b suggests...

Scan ur system...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm modem flcikering... well i hope u have a firewall... just cheack it with there which program is accessing th web... or u can a have a bandwidth monitoirng software to see...

about IE6... hope u have all the latest patches after IE6SP1 as earlyer i saw in ur post that u r running win98 so better go with all the MS security bullitine... & get all the patches...

swatkat

Technomancer
Hmm....Try this, open Internet Explorer, go to Tools Menu > Internet Options. Here click "Advanced" tab, and uncheck the option "Use third party browser extensions" and click "Apply" and "OK". Next, close IE, and reopen it and try opening few websites, and post back whether it behaves "correctly" or not.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
swatkat said:
Hmm....Try this, open Internet Explorer, go to Tools Menu > Internet Options. Here click "Advanced" tab, and uncheck the option "Use third party browser extensions" and click "Apply" and "OK". Next, close IE, and reopen it and try opening few websites, and post back whether it behaves "correctly" or not.

M8, I did that but doesnt solve the prob. When IE opens there is data being transfered without typing the website. And after closing IE the data transfer stops ...

Is someone hacking or what? BTW Maxthon has no such problems......

Cheers

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Is someone hacking or what?

what about that firewall idea?? have u tried that to see... which program is accessing the web?? & what ur bandwidth monitor say?? how much data trance is happening... & also what about the BSNL BB connection data trancefar counters?? what that web site say?? how much data trancefar was taken place at a certain time when u were idle??

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
saurav_cheeta said:
Is someone hacking or what?

what about that firewall idea?? have u tried that to see... which program is accessing the web?? & what ur bandwidth monitor say?? how much data trance is happening... & also what about the BSNL BB connection data trancefar counters?? what that web site say?? how much data trancefar was taken place at a certain time when u were idle??

I have a firewall. But it happens only with IE. When it is open data keeps trasfering at 313 kb and doubles,I've lost of mb due to that.....

It happens even wiothout typing the website.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Guys correct me if i am not correct..

Could this problem occur if he has not installed any updates for IE and the moment he opens the IE it tries to update itself.

Regards :lol: :lol:

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
shivaranjan.b said:

Could this problem occur if he has not installed any updates for IE and the moment he opens the IE it tries to update itself.

It happens even bfore typing any site FYI....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
shivaranjan.b said:

hmm may b... yes... well achacko go to internet option... then in the last tab which is Advance... check whether the automatic update chacking is on or off...

*img201.imageshack.us/img201/457/004lm.th.jpg

& also may b any plugin can b updating its selh... check that also...

netarget

Broken In
yes, but occasionally, IE tries to update itself as soon as the browser is opened. but that doesnt explain the mouse movement being stopped.
try the following:
1) Run a spyware scanner like 'spybot search and destroy' or 'Microsoft spyware scanner' (Possibly with latest updates)
2) Run a complete scan with a antivirus (again, possibly with latest updates)
3) Check if there is any unexplained or mysterious .dll files or such module is running in the background or begins to run when IE is opened. (You can use WINPATROL for this. the other features of this software is not so good)
4) Open 'control panel>>add/remove software' and see if any unknown or unauthorised program is installed. if exists, then uninstall it.
5) You can use System Mechaninc Pro for overall system maintenance and performance. (hey, i dont belong there and this aint no ad. just suggestion)
6) use software like 'DUMETER' or even the task manager (in windows XP) to see the networking data transfer usage as soon as you connect to internet to see if the bandwith is eaten into by any program

after all this if the problem persists, try reinstalling IE, and even then if it exists, try using other internet browsers, and even then if it exists..... phew.... guess i am helpless.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
netarget said:
after all this if the problem persists, try reinstalling IE, and even then if it exists, try using other internet browsers, and even then if it exists..... phew.... guess i am helpless.

I have checked for malware, viruses, etc all cleaned... Also with other browsers no problem .... Only prob with IE.......

netarget

Broken In
now, does IE work fine when you are offline.... i mean, is there any problem when you browse saved web pages, or does the problem arise only when you are connected to the net?? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom