New Phone for 13k

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hey guys, My dad wants to get a new phone. Budget is 13k.

Requirements:
big screen(prefered)
touch screen(capacitive) with physical keypad*
Office functionality
wifi,gprs,3g(nice if present)
atleast 1-1.5 day batt life
fm,music,and multimedia options
cam quality not a concern
OS:Android,Bada,bberry,but not symbian(on his insistence :p )

*Actually he can do widout the phy keybrd but I wud prefer it for him coz I doubt him getting used to on-screen keybrd

I was telling him to save cash and go for the e5, which imo is a good phone with all the features reqd. But he insists on a bigger screen. So pls advice...
And I wud prefer him not gettin O1 becoz I already have it :p

Phones in mind:
galaxy 551(bad screen and batt,old)
moto charm(cluncky ui and old)
galaxy pro- checked it out today at chroma, nice keypad, but no multitouch and low-res screen, still speedy and easy to type on
samsung wave series(dunno abt this phone much)
also suggest if bberry will be gud..

Awaiting the HTC chacha...luks like a awesome phone. Any news on price? wud w8 if its under 15k

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
surprised to see no replies yet :shock:

Anyway....how is wave 2? is it worth it? are bada apps good?

comparison between ace and wave2 pls

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
BADA is crap. Don't bother with wave phones.

I believe your father might like Galaxy Pro. Touchscreens in cheap phones are not up to the mark.

Otherwise choose between the O1 and Ace. Preferably Ace because of a larger screen and better quality components.

Do you have an O1? Does your father like your phone?

noja

Bang! Bang!
surprised to see no replies yet :shock:

Anyway....how is wave 2? is it worth it? are bada apps good?

comparison between ace and wave2 pls

Have you never herd of optimus one p500?

galaxy551 seems nice with the qwerty keypad but that's just about it.

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
I was telling him to save cash and go for the e5, which imo is a good phone with all the features reqd. But he insists on a bigger screen. So pls advice...
And I wud prefer him not gettin O1 becoz I already have it :p

I dont think U have read the 1st post. Im pretty regular on the forums guys...and I love my O1 and I know its the most vfm phone! But had no idea abt bada...thts y I asked!

@AndroidFan yes he likes it...but he doesnt like the dust problem :| so I guess ace....besides the OS, wave has better features. So I jus wanted to ask the comparison....

azzu

AJJU
Galaxy pro might be a good one for him..
but as your father want Big screen..
You should go with Ace...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
No. Ace has very very poor battery life.

Check BB Curve 3G 9300 (required costly data plans without which the phone is more or less useless)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ according to some reviews its battery life is not as horrible as you are saying it to be. The main reason to stay away from ace IMO is - its pathetic display!!!

@guru_urug
Bada app support sucks. It seems that samsung is concentrating more and more on games (game named assassin creed is approx. of 500MB :shock:) than on some good utility apps.
Other than that its a great multimedia/smart phone.

Top Bottom