New PC- Which is better: Intel or AMD and then the best suited hardwares.

OP
S

spacenfeel

Broken In
In that case,get the i7 and reuse some of the parts you have and upgrade those with time.
i7 3770k -19k
Gigabyte Z77X UD3H -12k or Asrock Z77 Extreme6 -12k
G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB(F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL) -3.6k
Corsair GS500 -4k
NZXT source 210 elite - 3.2k (2.6+0.6)
CM Hyper 212 evo -2k

Buy another RAM stick later if you require it.i7 3770k can get quite hot especially in summer,hyper 212 evo would keep the temperatures down and also be helpful for overclocking.For the things you have mentioned the i7 3770k is overall a much better processor than fx8350.Grasshopper and Rhino5 are primarily single threaded even though rhino5 has now support for multi-threading.3ds max 2013 is also quite faster on i7 3770k.In some applications while rendering the fx8350 can come close but mostly i7 3770k comes out ahead clearly in most scenarios and also has much better single/light threaded performance.Single/light threaded performance is important as many other things like previewing the model are generally single threaded and in some cases are dependent on GPU.For graphic card check out both firepro and quadro cards.

Hey Loads of thanks for ur reply it really helped me finalised my rig..now just one last doubt i still have is about MoBo..both that u've mentioned are good boards..i read about it..but i also noticed Asus P8z77 M pro (for 12k)..Just help me out here..which is THE BEST out of three..what will you go for. :)

Cheers Man!!

vkl

Cyborg Agent
If you take primary features all 3 are quite similar.
Both UD3H and extreme6 use same quality MOSFETs.Extreme6's voltage reading are off by around 0.02-0.06V which is not hard to deal with if one is aware of it and not going for very high clocks.
Extreme6 has somewhat better audio chip,2 more sata III ports.
Both board overclock well,performance wise there won't be much of difference between the two.Hardware-wise ud3h can be said to be slightly better than extreme6.
If those minor extra features of extreme6 are not required by you then pick up the UD3H.
For me out of three it is like Gigabyte Z77X UD3H>=Asrock Z77 Extreme6>Asus P8Z77 M pro,on performance and features.
P8Z77 M pro for 11k or less is ok.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Have anybody checked the Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Mico-ATX board? Currently it is available @ 11.7K in Flipkart and better than both UD3 and Extreme 6.

summers

Journeyman
Are Asrock boards really not that reliable..?? I mean some of them have got really nice reviews all over the net.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Their newly launched Fatal1ty series is having very good review everywhere. While suggesting, we need to find a good product rather than branding the company as whole. Their Extreme 4 and Extreme 6 series are feature boards with not so good performance but the new Fatal1ty and OC Formula boards are having positive reviews everywhere and also cheaper. That's why I have suggested it.

summers

Journeyman
Their newly launched Fatal1ty series is having very good review everywhere. While suggesting, we need to find a good product rather than branding the company as whole. Their Extreme 4 and Extreme 6 series are feature boards with not so good performance but the new Fatal1ty and OC Formula boards are having positive reviews everywhere and also cheaper. That's why I have suggested it.

Ya, i also meant the same. Asrock boards offer good features for the price they command. But, i've seen in forums that they are not recommended that much compared to Asus / Gigabyte boards. So, i asked for their reliability.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Asrock Fatal1ty Pro has more phases than extreme6 but the extreme6 performs nearly as good as the Fatal1ty Pro.Fatal1ty Pro asks for 16k everywhere which is overpriced considering that it doesn't offer that much over extreme6.MSI z77 Mpower and Asus P8Z77 V Pro are better in that price range considering everything.Fatal1ty pro was also available for 11.7k in flipkart while everywhere it was around 16k,at 11.7k it was a good deal.Now Fatal1ty pro-M is available for 11.7k at flipkart it has nice reviews and can be considered but performance wise there won't be much difference,also Fatal1ty pro-M has lesser phases than Fatal1ty pro.Extreme4 is more of an feature board with costs cut around(lower quality heatsink MOSFETS)for providing features,but then it is a 10k mobo and is ok for what it offers for the price.Extreme6 has better quality MOSFET heatsinks than that of extreme4.
Z77x-ud3h,extreme6,fatal1ty pro-m,all look good in sub 12k range...boils down to individual's requirement and preference.

Top Bottom