New PC for 2D/3D Animation Work under 75K

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Nothing can be done,I am well familiar with this institutes' preferring intel policy & their influence on students not having the info to judge it.
Quite true. Initially they were ready to go for our suggested config, but after discussing it in her institute everything got changed.
I've known colleges who give "free" laptops to students by including its MRP in college fee (irrespective of how it actually performs or how old/bad it is). But it is absurd to force students to get specific hardware with their own money when the software doesn't even depends on it.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
I've known colleges who give "free" laptops to students by including its MRP in college fee (irrespective of how it actually performs or how old/bad it is). But it is absurd to force students to get specific hardware with their own money when the software doesn't even depends on it.

If they are giving it so called FREE, then also it's ok, but here we are paying for our own system. They have a very strong opinion about Intel processors; the only solution I see is that don't ever approach them for PC suggestion, but then most of the people don't do their own research or know anyone knowledgeable in that area.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the only solution I see is that don't ever approach them for PC suggestion, but then most of the people don't do their own research or know anyone knowledgeable in that area.
Exactly! Once you get everything then there is nothing they can do except complaining a bit for few days as one can always make an excuse of can't return now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If they are giving it so called FREE, then also it's ok, but here we are paying for our own system. They have a very strong opinion about Intel processors; the only solution I see is that don't ever approach them for PC suggestion, but then most of the people don't do their own research or know anyone knowledgeable in that area.
Would you be able to share the institute's name here? I'd put it in my blacklist for reference.

OP
E

edurgesh

Journeyman
Exactly! Once you get everything then there is nothing they can do except complaining a bit for few days as one can always make an excuse of can't return now.

Yes, in fact it will be used at home so how does it even matter to the institute. Only if one can totally avoid them in this regard!

Top Bottom