New PC Configuration

jasonbourne

Broken In
one of my relatives is going to buy a new PC and I have to come up with a basic configuration. They have a budget of 20000 Rupees,please help me in coming up with a basic good configuration.
nice questionnaire template btw , makes it so much easier xD

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Internet Browsing , Music & Movies mostly

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:I know that the price has gone up which sucks :(. I bought mine (1 tb) for 2.6 so the hdd price didn't make any difference back then. I think 500 gb should be good at this price range? we will think about 250 if really makes a big difference

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:yes , suggest a good one . I have a Samsung B2230 but that is way too costly . so something cheap and good

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:planning to buy everything

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Coming weekend maybe if we have a good configuration by then

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:this will be done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:buying locally (Trivandrum , Kerala)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I like Intel Core i3-2100 but I guess it makes more sense to go for AMD A6-3650 . I'm really confused about the motherboard though , maybe a Intel Media series board ? or anything else which you guys know is good. I really need a good board.btw , I have a cooler master 310 cabinet and cooler master 500w smps which seems to be working fine so suggest something similar and good for this configuration

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price Processor |AMD Athlon II x2 245|2650
Motherboard |Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1)|2700
RAM |G-skill F3-10666CL9S-2GBNK|697
HDD |WDC 250GB Blue WD2500AAKX|3766
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |FSP Saga II 500W|2200
Case |Generic|500
Monitor |Dell IN2030M (20")|5850
Keyboard & Mouse |Amkette ClASSIC DUO|406
UPS |Zebronics 600VA|1275
Speakers |Altec Lansing BXR1221|1000
| Total |22194

OP
J

jasonbourne

Broken In
thank you , but can you suggest something other than a Gigabyte board ?. I've looked for them in the past here but they are unavailable unless I buy them online . I'll be buying the whole thing at the local store so I want one or two other options other than Gigabyte .I'll say the same thing about G-skill . I know the budget is less but is the processor good ?

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
for ram look at corsair DDR3 value rams.
for mobo another option is ASUS M5A78L-M LE - 3k
processor is more than enough for your tasks.

Top Bottom