New PC Configuration (Budget 40000)

jasonbourne

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?

Ans:This system is for my friend who will be using it mostly for Graphic Designing/Film editing purposes. Software that will be installed are Adobe Premier, Adobe After effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Maya and Adobe In design. I don't know about Gaming tbh, but if the system was good enough to support the above software, then average gaming would not be a problem?

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs 40000 (I know it's not enough but the best you can get in this budget)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1 Tb min

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:24 or 27 inch Full HD monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Buying everything

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Trivandrum

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Will be done by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Trivandrum, not gonna buy online and it would be great if you guys do not suggest Gigabyte boards as I always have a hard time finding them locally :( .

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: This will be purchased locally and Gigabyte boards are not available here. I don't have anything else to say right now, maybe more when you guys start responding.

BTW....Happy Holi :lol:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
fx 6300 - 7.2k
asus m5a97 LE 2.0 - 5.5k
kingston hyperx blue 4gb - 2.8k
get atleast FirePro V4800 -9.5k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
asus odd- 1k
antec vp450p - 2.7k
antec nsk4440 - 1.35k
dell s2240l - 8.6k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

OP
J

jasonbourne

Broken In
fx 6300 - 7.2k
asus m5a97 LE 2.0 - 5.5k
get atleast FirePro V4800 -9.5k
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
asus odd- 1k
antec vp450p - 2.7k
antec nsk4440 - 1.35k
dell s2240l - 8.6k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

sounds good ! that all comes down to 43 I think...thank you rijinpk1

btw, I'm assuming FX 6300 is much better than i5 in this "budget"? and the Asus board is the best option as Gigagbyte is simply not available.

It would be great if someone can come up with a good i5 combo too, so that I can give this guy two options...it does not seem possible to me though, not with a 40k budget :(.

OP
J

jasonbourne

Broken In
An i5 with min cost 12k and the mobo will cost 4k. The rest is same. If you can extend your friends budget go for it.

Shiva

keeping the the one rijinpk1 suggested, already gave the config.

If I was opting for i5, what would be the exact mobo and processor I should be going for(keeping everything else the same)? and what other Graphics card is there (other than FirePro V4800) if the budget was a bit higher.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
keeping the the one rijinpk1 suggested, already gave the config.

If I was opting for i5, what would be the exact mobo and processor I should be going for(keeping everything else the same)? and what other Graphics card is there (other than FirePro V4800) if the budget was a bit higher.

for i5 choose i5 4440. for motherboard look for any h81 motherboards from asus(asus h81 c -(it does not have hdmi)) or asus b85m G.
i5 will be better and faster than fx 6300. get it if you can get it under your budget.
how much can you extend to accommodate a good gpu?

OP
J

jasonbourne

Broken In
for i5 choose i5 4440. for motherboard look for any h81 motherboards from asus(asus h81 c -(it does not have hdmi)) or asus b85m G.
i5 will be better and faster than fx 6300. get it if you can get it under your budget.
how much can you extend to accommodate a good gpu?

If we do not consider the budget for now, what would be the cheapest and good i5 4440/mobo with HDMI ?... this is assuming everything else you posted (graphics card, PSU..etc..) does well with this new combo.I just wanna give my friend a clear picture of how much price difference would be there if he went for i5(which he keeps asking me about). To be honest I really liked the first config you posted.

btw, asus m5a97 LE 2.0 has HDMI....right? :-?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
If we do not consider the budget for now, what would be the cheapest and good i5 4440/mobo with HDMI ?... this is assuming everything else you posted (graphics card, PSU..etc..) does well with this new combo.I just wanna give my friend a clear picture of how much price difference would be there if he went for i5(which he keeps asking me about). To be honest I really liked the first config you posted.

btw, asus m5a97 LE 2.0 has HDMI....right? :-?

that board can not take display out. you always need a gpu to get display.
it seems firepro v4800 does not have hdmi. you may have to use a display port to hdmi converter.

OP
J

jasonbourne

Broken In
the budget just went up to 50 :)

can you suggest good i5/mobo + Graphics card (with HDMI) and rest of the stuff that is compatible with it?

I have no idea what a non workstation card is :|

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

can you suggest good i5/mobo + Graphics card (with HDMI) and rest of the stuff that is compatible with it?

Intel Xeon E3 1225 v3 -15200, (INTEL XEON PROCESSOR E3 1225 V3 )
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600MHz - 2800,
Sapphire FirePro V4800 1GB -9500,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB - 3800,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
Antec VP450P- 2600,
Circle Gaming Series CC-820 - 2400, (ExtremeMachine.in | Circle CC 820 Gaming Cabinet With out SMPS Price in India, Reviews, Drivers, Ratings )
Dell S2240L LED IPS 22" - 8600,
Logitech MK200 -700.
Total -52,800.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

i meant the gaming gpus. i still suggest to buy an adapter than going with a gaming gpu just for hdmi.

- - - Updated - - -

get i5 4570 at 13k instead of xeon 1225v3 since both are same except a 2mm l3 cache.

OP
J

jasonbourne

Broken In
Thank you bavusani and rijinpk1

I got few doubts here

1> i5 4570 or i5 4440 ?

2> I simply cannot get Gigabyte boards here so i will need a good mobo by Asus (or anything else).

3> I still request anyone to give me a good substitute for Sapphire FirePro V4800, which supports HDMI (I will be going for v4800 but still want an option).

I will be keeping the rest same, my friend wants to buy all this by this weekend so will appreciate it if someone could clear my doubts.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thank you bavusani and rijinpk1

I got few doubts here

1> i5 4570 or i5 4440 ?

2> I simply cannot get Gigabyte boards here so i will need a good mobo by Asus (or anything else).

3> I still request anyone to give me a good substitute for Sapphire FirePro V4800, which supports HDMI (I will be going for v4800 but still want an option).

I will be keeping the rest same, my friend wants to buy all this by this weekend so will appreciate it if someone could clear my doubts.

1> i5 4570,
2> Asus B85M-G,
3> Zotac/Galaxy GTX650Ti Boost 2GB.

OP
J

jasonbourne

Broken In
thank you guys,

I'm gonna go with the following configuration, let me know if this needs changes.

i5 4570 - 13.9k
Asus B85M-G -6.3k
GPU - ?
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
asus odd- 1k
antec vp450p - 2.7k
antec nsk4440 - 1.35k
dell s2240l - 8.6k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

I'm still a bit confused about GPU, Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650TI is like 13k o_O....anything cheaper other than FirePro V4800 ? just need HDMI

will it make any difference if i get a gaming gpu rather than workstation gpu?

thank you guys,

I'm gonna go with the following configuration, let me know if this needs changes.

i5 4570 - 13.9k
Asus B85M-G -6.3k
GPU - ?
wd blue 1tb - 3.8k
asus odd- 1k
antec vp450p - 2.7k
antec nsk4440 - 1.35k
dell s2240l - 8.6k
logitech mk200 - 0.7k

I'm still a bit confused about GPU, Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650TI is like 13k o_O....anything cheaper other than FirePro V4800 ? just need HDMI

will it make any difference if i get a gaming gpu rather than workstation gpu?

> A gaming GPU will also be able to accelerate rendering if the software supports it. Your frined need to decide on how important is gaming and work for your friend.

> Avoid barnds like Galaxy which have little to no A.S.S. in India. Look for Asus, Zotac, HIS or Sapphire. Zotac offers 5 years warranty compared to 2-3 years by other manufacturers.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I was just checkin the list of the software Op has mentioned. Don't you guys think that FX-8350 based config will be better than i5 here?

^ True. 8350 or 8320 will be better.

Config:

FX 8350 (13200)
Gigabyte GA 970A DS3P (5800)
kingston hyperx blue, G.Skill ripjawsX or Corsair Vengeance (get the cheapest of these) 4 GB 1600 MHz (2800)
Sapphire R7 250 (6500)
WD Blue 1 TB (2800)
Antec VP550P (3600)
Dell S2240L (8800)
Logitech MK200 (800)
Asus optical drive (1000)
Any local cabinet without PSU (1000)

Top Bottom