New Pc Config ...

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks for the lots of supportive and informative answers my friend. It took a load off my chest when i came to know Corsair has a service center here in bhubaneswar. This is the fact i was worried about because i can buy online but the after sales service is a problem. I think the i ball service center and microtek service center is in the same location because i once took my cousin from rourkela for his microtek ups problem. The suggested model Corsair VS 450 comes around what i have in mind. One of my friends purchased Zebronics 600 watts(probably) at RS 2300. So i think its better i can get Corsair at almost same or Rs 100-200 difference.Online it costs Rs 2700 on ebay. Another thing my younger brother lives in delhi and he will be coming home of dushera the time i plan to buy my pc. may be i can ask him to purchase it there. Otherwise i can ask my local dealer from whom i will be buying pc can bring me one if available locally or i have to find out shops in Bhubaneswar who sells corsair products(may be sahid nagar has shops which sells them). Please let me know if you know of such shops. Last time i forgot to give the specs of my new pc which i am going to build. I am not into gaming rig but just to play some games which are of 2010 or earlier like MOHAA PA,Hitman 3 etc.and some new games if possible. My brother is spending money through Credit card so i think i shouldn't over burden him. MY specs are-

i3 second generation 2100 processor

PH61 motherboard(Asus/Intel although i prefer Asus)

4 GB DDR3 Ram

500 GB sata HDD(seagate probably)

20 inch LED monitor(Dell/Samsung/i ball) not full HD which out of my range

Graphics card-Deciding to get 2GB DDR3 at Rs 3200 Graphics card but they all are 64 bit which another thread here suggested to avoid. Rather than if i go 1 GB DDR3 128 bit it comes around Rs 5000(GT 630). But I think its better if I go at 1 GB DDR5(not GDDR5 though) which comes around some 1000 more. ATI HD 6670 which i think is better than DDR3 and enough to satisfy my small gaming quest.

I put my power wattage test with these specs( GT 630 as graphics card) at coolermaster website and the result was 265 watt. So, i think the suggested model Corsair VS 450 would be enough for me. It has 3 yr warranty the same as on i ball power supply which the shopkeeper was telling me about. So there are three possible things- One to find the suggested product locally through my dealer, order on line or tell my brother who lives in new delhi to get me one as he will be home for dushera the same time i am planning to build my pc.

Thanks a lot again for informing about the need of good power supply which is like heart in human body and preventing me from buying some cheap brand because to save money in buying cheap brand means you whole precious system goes down the drain as no replacement for burns. I am using odyssey smps for my old pc( Pentium 4 1.9, 845 Zebronics MB, 1.5 Gb DDR1 Ram, 40 GB PATA HDD, 2003 zenith brand PC) for one year but I cant risk with my new PC.

Thanks a lot again to my 3 friends, one who opened this thread and also my eyes, second who suggest me the model and third who told me about the after sales service. Please let me know if any shop in bhubaneswar sells Corsair power supply in your knowledge, Grateful.

The Sorrow

New to this forum
Thanks for the lots of supportive and informative answers my friend. It took a load off my chest when i came to know Corsair has a service center here in bhubaneswar. This is the fact i was worried about because i can buy online but the after sales service is a problem. I think the i ball service center and microtek service center is in the same location because i once took my cousin from rourkela for his microtek ups problem. The suggested model Corsair VS 450 comes around what i have in mind. One of my friends purchased Zebronics 600 watts(probably) at RS 2300. So i think its better i can get Corsair at almost same or Rs 100-200 difference.Online it costs Rs 2700 on ebay. Another thing my younger brother lives in delhi and he will be coming home of dushera the time i plan to buy my pc. may be i can ask him to purchase it there. Otherwise i can ask my local dealer from whom i will be buying pc can bring me one if available locally or i have to find out shops in Bhubaneswar who sells corsair products(may be sahid nagar has shops which sells them). Please let me know if you know of such shops. Last time i forgot to give the specs of my new pc which i am going to build. I am not into gaming rig but just to play some games which are of 2010 or earlier like MOHAA PA,Hitman 3 etc.and some new games if possible. My brother is spending money through Credit card so i think i shouldn't over burden him. MY specs are-

i3 second generation 2100 processor

PH61 motherboard(Asus/Intel although i prefer Asus)

4 GB DDR3 Ram

500 GB sata HDD(seagate probably)

20 inch LED monitor(Dell/Samsung/i ball) not full HD which out of my range

Graphics card-Deciding to get 2GB DDR3 at Rs 3200 Graphics card but they all are 64 bit which another thread here suggested to avoid. Rather than if i go 1 GB DDR3 128 bit it comes around Rs 5000(GT 630). But I think its better if I go at 1 GB DDR5(not GDDR5 though) which comes around some 1000 more. ATI HD 6670 which i think is better than DDR3 and enough to satisfy my small gaming quest.

I put my power wattage test with these specs( GT 630 as graphics card) at coolermaster website and the result was 265 watt. So, i think the suggested model Corsair VS 450 would be enough for me. It has 3 yr warranty the same as on i ball power supply which the shopkeeper was telling me about. So there are three possible things- One to find the suggested product locally through my dealer, order on line or tell my brother who lives in new delhi to get me one as he will be home for dushera the same time i am planning to build my pc.

Thanks a lot again for informing about the need of good power supply which is like heart in human body and preventing me from buying some cheap brand because to save money in buying cheap brand means you whole precious system goes down the drain as no replacement for burns. I am using odyssey smps for my old pc( Pentium 4 1.9, 845 Zebronics MB, 1.5 Gb DDR1 Ram, 40 GB PATA HDD, 2003 zenith brand PC) for one year but I cant risk with my new PC.

Thanks a lot again to my 3 friends, one who opened this thread and also my eyes, second who suggest me the model and third who told me about the after sales service. Please let me know if any shop in bhubaneswar sells Corsair power supply in your knowledge, Grateful.

Some random questions out there...
We can't help you unless you answer these questions in this thread. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html.

Copy the questions in it paste here and answer them, thank you :)

Top Bottom