new pc config needed :)

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Home use to replace existing PC, I mean the CPU-box only. browsing and games(not a gamer by default, but might play in future)
future proof

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20-25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win8.1 pro, already have it

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: have hdd...500gb + 1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: no have a 1440x900 in future might buy a hdmi 1080p monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:
HDD
DVD DRIVE
MONITOR
UPS
KEYBOARD
MOUSE
SPEAKERS
PRINTER
SCANNER

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:AFTER budget, expect to get a less price :) and in a month or 2

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: online only but locally can enquire rates

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: need to be future proof like my existing PC(served 7 rock-stable years, still working but wanted to get a new build),
must have HDMI and SPDIF/coaxial out and USB3 and SATA 6gbps
CABINET should be branded and killer looking but less price :p, side window MUST
still not yet decided on cabinet

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel core i3 4130 -6800,
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5200,
Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600Mhz -3200,
Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1100,
Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 -6400,
Deepcool TESSERACT -2700,
Antec VP450P -2600.
TOTAL -28,000.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Intel core i3 4130 -6800, <<------where?
Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5200, <<------where?
Asus 24B5ST DVDRW -1100,
Antec VP450P -2600.
TOTAL -28,000.

OP UPDATED, dvd drive not needed...seeing
i have no idea on gpu...i mean never used a gpu :) only used integrated
does cabinet have side window

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
why such big font? it does more harm than good ;)

which games are you gonna play? highly graphic intensive ones?

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
why such big font? it does more harm than good ;)

which games are you gonna play? highly graphic intensive ones?

never played a high intensive game...:p
new to gaming, didnt play any game except few need for speed 3 and 4(maybe, don't remember the number)
else should i skip the gpu and get later

- - - Updated - - -

is APU superior than FX series or is an i3 4130 superior than the two???

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
never played a high intensive game...:p
new to gaming, didnt play any game except few need for speed 3 and 4(maybe, don't remember the number)
else should i skip the gpu and get later

- - - Updated - - -

is APU superior than FX series or is an i3 4130 superior than the two???

i5 4570>FX8320>i3 4130>FX6300>A10-6800
Yes the specified cabinet has a side window.
Don't skip the GPU.

Your config stands like this as of now:

Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5300,
Antec VP450P -2600.
TOTAL -27,000.

AMD Config

AMD FX4300 -6100,
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P -5900.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
i5 4570>FX8320>i3 4130>FX6300>A10-6800
Yes the specified cabinet has a side window.
Don't skip the GPU.

Your config stands like this as of now:

Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5300,
Antec VP450P -2600.
TOTAL -27,000.

AMD Config

AMD FX4300 -6100,
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P -5900.

Intel core i3 4130 -6800, <--------where????

Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 -6400, <--------where????

side windows not listed on any shopping site...
how about an SSd as the boot drive/os and programs...

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 -6000, <--------where????

side windows not listed on any shopping site...
how about an SSd as the boot drive/os and programs...

Sapphire R7 250 1GB DDR5 -6000, <--------where????

Both at snapdeal.com

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
tesseract does not have side window.
i will choose fx 6300 over i3 4130 ;)

- - - Updated - - -

SSDs are good, now cheaper too.

sniperz1

Journeyman
how about corsair spec 01/02/03
confused about proccy

Check out circle gaming cabinets.

CC 821 = 3000 - Circle Gaming Series PC Cabinet CC 821 Model Black Colour With 3 Year Warranty | eBay

CC 820 = 3000 Circle Gaming Series PC Cabinet CC 820 | eBay

CC 830 black = 4000 - Circle Gaming PC Cabinet CC 830 | eBay

I was going to buy CC 830 white but instead bought CM Storm Scount 2 cause I couldnt find reviews on circle cabinets but its definitely good looking. And I have seen circle other products like keyboards, they are decent enough.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Check out circle gaming cabinets.

CC 821 = 3000 - Circle Gaming Series PC Cabinet CC 821 Model Black Colour With 3 Year Warranty | eBay

CC 820 = 3000 Circle Gaming Series PC Cabinet CC 820 | eBay

CC 830 black = 4000 - Circle Gaming PC Cabinet CC 830 | eBay

I was going to buy CC 830 white but instead bought CM Storm Scount 2 cause I couldnt find reviews on circle cabinets but its definitely good looking. And I have seen circle other products like keyboards, they are decent enough.

for how much did you buy CM Storm Scount 2???
circle cabinets are not even close to corsair spec looks....imo...i saw them few months back also...
even saw the antec X1-T with windows but not impressed as the corsair spec

spec has killer looks from the front but I'm afraid that the interior paint chips off easily and has only 3-3.5inch bays...

thinking of getting spec 02/03

will not be able to buy for 10 days as I'm out of town...if i order now it wont be delivered as no one will be present to receive the item...moreover i should only receive the item, as to check if everything's okay.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
FX8320 is more future proof than i3.

if u really need the power, then oc it years later with a suitable mobo and cooler. however, if u r not a gamer, then u may not even feel the need in next 8-9 years, and even i3 will suffice.

if u dont wanna spend for i5, then get 8320, and pay the extra amount as installments by paying for electricity bill. :D

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
FX8320 is more future proof than i3.

if u really need the power, then oc it years later with a suitable mobo and cooler. however, if u r not a gamer, then u may not even feel the need in next 8-9 years, and even i3 will suffice.

if u dont wanna spend for i5, then get 8320, and pay the extra amount as installments by paying for electricity bill. :D

sorry already I'm getting huge electricity bill(dunno know why, maybe i should create a thread)...and i run pc off inverter too so low power = nice!

now my current athlon 4600 haS TDP ~90W

Last edited:

sniperz1

Journeyman
for how much did you buy CM Storm Scount 2???
circle cabinets are not even close to corsair spec looks....imo...i saw them few months back also...
even saw the antec X1-T with windows but not impressed as the corsair spec

spec has killer looks from the front but I'm afraid that the interior paint chips off easily and has only 3-3.5inch bays...

thinking of getting spec 02/03

will not be able to buy for 10 days as I'm out of town...if i order now it wont be delivered as no one will be present to receive the item...moreover i should only receive the item, as to check if everything's okay.

I liked the cc 830 white more than spec cause I was looking for cabinets in white colour. And it has a good white and blue theme.
But apart from that there is good colour schemes in circle cabinets like black and red on the insides too and that might be visible cause of the windowed side panel. But if you like spec then go with it.
Scout 2 cost me 8300rs cause I got the ghost white one which is costlier than the black ones. But its built is very durable and strong. looks extremely sexy with white leds especially at night haha. I ordered mine from itdepot too.

My original preference was NZXT phantom 410 but it was not available. CM HAF912 is good too but costs 5600.

I would say check local stores and you might get something cooler for a lesser price.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I liked the cc 830 white more than spec cause I was looking for cabinets in white colour. And it has a good white and blue theme.
But apart from that there is good colour schemes in circle cabinets like black and red on the insides too and that might be visible cause of the windowed side panel. But if you like spec then go with it.
Scout 2 cost me 8300rs cause I got the ghost white one which is costlier than the black ones. But its built is very durable and strong. looks extremely sexy with white leds especially at night haha. I ordered mine from itdepot too.

My original preference was NZXT phantom 410 but it was not available. CM HAF912 is good too but costs 5600.

I would say check local stores and you might get something cooler for a lesser price.

here more than 50 computer shops are there but all of them have ze9ron!c$ crap and other !b@ll crap and Tec#c0m crap, etc...
except one who sells a cooler master thunder psu...he became close and started selling corsair cx series, only for high end customers :)

instead of investing 8300rs, i can get a new case in future when i need...and it gives the feel of new computer...:wink:

sniperz1

Journeyman
here more than 50 computer shops are there but all of them have ze9ron!c$ crap and other !b@ll crap and Tec#c0m crap, etc...
except one who sells a cooler master thunder psu...he became close and started selling corsair cx series, only for high end customers :)

instead of investing 8300rs, i can get a new case in future when i need...and it gives the feel of new computer...:wink:

I seldom change my pc. Right now I am using a 5yr old dell studio 1555 . I wanted something good and sexy but durable and I have no plans of changing this for the next few years hopefully lol.
I also liked CM Elite 431 Plus Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com
But thats too out of stock. Even thermaltake makes good cabinets. Keep looking and you might find something which suits your needs and budget.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I seldom change my pc. Right now I am using a 5yr old dell studio 1555 . I wanted something good and sexy but durable and I have no plans of changing this for the next few years hopefully lol.
I also liked CM Elite 431 Plus Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus Mid Tower Cabinet - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com
But thats too out of stock. Even thermaltake makes good cabinets. Keep looking and you might find something which suits your needs and budget.

will do research :)
cm 431 plus has no cable management...i didnt like that the front vents for the fan is small :neutral:

icebags

Technomancer
sorry already I'm getting huge electricity bill(dunno know why, maybe i should create a thread)...and i run pc off inverter too so low power = nice!

now my current athlon 4600 haS TDP ~90W

fx8320 wont be much of a huge on to of what u paying., unless u keep it under load for hours, day after day (read : play BF3/4 everyday).

@ idle, ~16w more than i3/i5 & ( i.e. 62 hrs to bill 1 unit of electricity more than i3 )

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6396/51143.png

@ load ~80w more than the same ( i.e. 12 hrs to bill 1 unit of electricity than i3 )

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6396/51142.png

Top Bottom