New PC build suddenly shut downs

ron07gamer

Right off the assembly line

My build compments:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Mobo: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi
RAM: Corsair 16 GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz C16 XMP
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 550 80 Plus Bronze
SSD: WD Blue SN570 250GB SSD (3300 MB/s)

I installed the Windows 11, Steam and everything seems to be working fine. But suddenly PC starting shutting down and no signal to the monitor. I use to restart the PC by manually turning off and on power but it starts again after sometime.

Upon inspection, The light on the Mobo is stuck at CPU debug. It's not changing to boot light. I updated the bios multiple times, I rearrange the RAM but still getting the same issue.

Kindly help

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Not sure what is causing the issue. But try other slots of RAM and disable the XMP profile for it from BIOS.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Some time that EZ debug gives false signal. Anyway, if you can boot, install and watch HWinfo for thermal readings of components.
Reset BIOS to default if you have made any changes and try.
Take all the components out of the cabinet and just use MB+CPU+PSU and see you're getting RAM error beep sound.
Then intall RAM
Then SSD
and see if you can figure which one is causing the issue.

You can try live linux and see if the issue happens with linux as well.

See if you have the latest stable/recommended BIOS, if you have the latest, STOP. Don't have to keep updating it.

Last edited:
Other than above, also try removing CMOS battery, then in off position with no power, press power button for 10s, then turn on without CMOS, sometime later reinstall CMOS (when PC is turned off).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check the cpu cooler if it has been mounted properly.

try with a another ram stick may be.

Willjoe

Broken In
A sudden power-off of a running computer is usually an extreme response to something going seriously wrong, either something is too hot or the power supply is being overloaded. If the motherboard has any sort of “Event Log” capability, that is the first place to look to try to find what happened.

Regards,

bubusam13

Human

My build compments:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Mobo: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi
RAM: Corsair 16 GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz C16 XMP
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 550 80 Plus Bronze
SSD: WD Blue SN570 250GB SSD (3300 MB/s)

I installed the Windows 11, Steam and everything seems to be working fine. But suddenly PC starting shutting down and no signal to the monitor. I use to restart the PC by manually turning off and on power but it starts again after sometime.

Upon inspection, The light on the Mobo is stuck at CPU debug. It's not changing to boot light. I updated the bios multiple times, I rearrange the RAM but still getting the same issue.

Kindly help
I faced similar issue few years back and it turned out to the PSU. Do you have Motherboard speaker. If not, you can get one and know where it is stuck from the beeps.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am inclined to believe it's the PSU, but the motherboard light stuck at CPU debug is also fishy.

Try a different PSU first. May be it's PSU's power delivery to the CPU.

Top Bottom