New Nokia N81 - Loose Slider Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ

.NET Guru
Hi all,
Thanks guys for helping me choose a good mobile.

Yesterday I bought N81.
Over all i am happy with the phone and it performs well.

But I am a bit disappointed with the build quality of the phone.

1. First of all the Menu key is a bit stiff, ie it sometimes give slight kadak kadak sound when I press it (like lower range motorola sets)

2. And the most important thing - The slider is a bit loose. ie If you open the slider and tap below Navi wheel it feels loose.

I went to the shop. the shopkeeper told that all n81 have loose slider. but I was not satisfied, I went to nokia care, n showed to engineer, He agreed that its a bit loose but said that it wont matter much, as all slider come to this stage in 3-4 months

So is it true that all N81 have a loose slider or shopkeeper is lying to me and I should go for a replacement.

Please reply fast guys and one has to opt for replacement within 48 Hrs.

Thanks in advance.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LOL..

I have been harping over this fact for the past 6 months since the N81 was launched.the N81 has serious build quality issues.Trust me on this one.It has been discontinued in most parts.I suggest you go for a replacement and get an N78 rather than this one. I can't see how people can actually suggest this phone after having heard of its defects.In kolkata the shops have stopped stocking it.At least my dealer has. Its pure rubbish.

OP
Champ

Champ

.NET Guru
@dreamcatcher, I cant get another phone or money back, at the best the dealer will replace my phone with another one.

I just want to know that All N81 have loose slider, or only my set have this specific problem.

If its with every N81, then there is no point in going for replacement.

I will be very thankful if someone can guide me about official Nokia rules.(there CC is not helping much)
AFAIK one can opt for complete set replacement in 48 hrs. Is there any provision of opting for another set or money return ?

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Same thing happened to me when i purchased n91 , the slider mechanism was really loose and to my surprise to nokia care centre replaced the entire set within just 2 days !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom