New Monitor unable to show Correct Resolution

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the prompt answer. Well, the link you provided hadn't any solution. BUT, it did helped me indirectly to solve the problem :)

One of the links in that page, redirected to, *www.hclleaptops.in/products/product_multimedia.aspx. But this page didn't opened. Then I noticed the "HCL Leaptop" in the URL, and tried to filter the drivers on the link which I mentioned before (HCL Customer Support Division) on the basis of "Leap" keyword. And OH YA!! now my computer can speak :O

In short, through your link, I was able to identify the model of HCL L509 as being a Leaptop, which helped me find the drivers...
THANKS thetechfreak! One problem checked! :bananana:

Now, only if answer to my Res. problem were that easy to find :(

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No prob!

Will think bout your problem and provide info as soon as possible.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Trying to force 1440x900 and 59Hz on my screen

1440x900 resoulution on Windows 7 - Computing and Networks - Digital Spy Forums

more links later

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@thetechfreak:
Forcing resolution just didn't worked.

Installing drivers from Dell's website resulted in ever lower resolution. I cant even set 1280 x 1024 after installing those drivers.

@Pratul_09:
Ma-Config.com seemed like a great site, and it was able to identify everything about my system. But it was only able to search the latest drivers for two components, for "Audio Controller" and "Family fast Ethernet NIC", and not any for the monitor.

The monitor was detected as "Generic PnP Monitor", but no driver suggestion was made. And so I am still stuck with that stretchy res.

But I refuse to accept that there is no resolution to this resolution problem. And would keep update this thread as I explore and experiment more.

gameranand

Living to Play
If you have the older Intel® 810, 815, 845, 852, 855, or 865 Chipset or Intel® 910 or 915 Express Chipset, Windows 7 OS drivers are not available. However, your integrated graphics controller may support Windows 7 OS by using XPDM drivers

Source Intel Site

I think you have to force screen resolution because Intel No longer support these mobos.

This might Help Try it.
Intel Search Results

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Yo Man got another link. Try this also
Driver Guide

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
in my Pc I can set resolution upto 1600x1200 without driver. After I install 'em it gets limited to monitors max.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
And when I turn off the Wide mode of the monitor, then screen width reduces to "non stretch mode" BUT an inch from both sides of the monitor remains unused!

i had the same problem but i used ATI scaling option to cover the whole screen.
:mrgreen:

y in ur CPU-Z screenshot mobo manufacturer name is not shown?
Did u try ur original mobo driver CD?
do u have graphics card?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: New Monitor unable to show Correct Resolution - Problem Resolved :)

y in ur CPU-Z screenshot mobo manufacturer name is not shown?
Did u try ur original mobo driver CD?
do u have graphics card?

I don't know why CPU-Z doesn't show some fields!
Yes, I had already tried the mobo CD's drivers... but every time it went in vain.
No, no graphics card yet. Although I want one very badly. I am not even able to watch 720p vids because my PC is so old :(
Although I would upgrade soon, but not soon enough. So please suggest a low end graphics card compatible to my Pen 4 system, such that I can atleast watch 720p movies :)

in my Pc I can set resolution upto 1600x1200 without driver. After I install 'em it gets limited to monitors max.

Now, that is some great mystery!

This might Help Try it.
Intel Search Results

Yo Man got another link. Try this also
Driver Guide

Intel site for searching driver sucks!! Big time!! (Atleast for n00b in driver related issues)

But, Yo man, check this out -> Its funny that I believe driverguide.com to be the most awesome driver site from years... But still, I wasn't able to find the appropriate drivers for my monitor, maybe because of all that confusion between Monitor, Graphics driver, Display Adapter, Generic PnP driver.. Biting your nail in desperation driver, pulling out every hair driver :pullhair: and lastly Banging your head (real hard) driver :banghead: ....
And then came you :C_inno: , quoting the exact driver which my monitor needed. I downloaded and installed it.
After a quick restart.. the resolution was PERFECT : 1400 x 900.

Not only that. Before there was just three res. options in "Screen Resolution" dialog box. 1280 x 1024, and two more low resolutions.
But now, I have quite an exhaustive list to choose from:

View attachment 4169

Thanks gameranand, and all of the Geeks, who listened to the queries, and tried to help! :clap2: :clap2:
Thanks everyone for fighting with the problem till the end. :lightsabre:
LOL, I feel like I am giving a speech after winning an oscar!

I also feel like doing a banana dance .... :bananana: Yes man... dedicated just for all you guys... :bananana: :bananana:
Cheers guys :toast:

(PS: Admins should include more dancing smileys! :mrgreen: )

gameranand

Living to Play
@ Vineet369
Man you don't know how happy I am.:smile::smile: I searched for your drivers for about 1 hour read numerous forums for that.:reading::reading:I am so so happy that your problem is solved finally after all it took 1 hour of mine eh. Just kiddin.:flu-happy: I am glad that I was able to help you.:flu-delight:
Well you know what Actually I got hints from Intel sites the line that I quoted after that there was a mention of some kind of different driver don't remember the name. Then I searched for that driver and voila I found your driver on driverguide.:clap2::clap2:

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Re: New Monitor unable to show Correct Resolution: Now Solved!!!

@ Vineet369
Man you don't know how happy I am.:smile::smile: I searched for your drivers for about 1 hour read numerous forums for that.:reading::reading:I am so so happy that your problem is solved finally

Yeah, the problem did solved Finally :mrgreen:
Many times I wished to give up the problem, and blame it on my PC being old.
But with each reply I got from the forum members, I reassured myself to try again. And guess what! All the hard work did payed off. :goodjob: everyone.

As this experience have taught me, driver problems are real Hard nut to crack! But no problem stands a chance, when digitians solve it together :high5:

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
As this experience have taught me, driver problems are real Hard nut to crack! But no problem stands a chance, when digitians solve it together
Yeah man that's the attitude we should keep up.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ thanks..
and yeah... I will keep the drivers backed up.... and .... in a ZIP archive :grin: :-D

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ I think one copy is more than enough because now he knows the link to download that driver so he can download them anytime when his files are lost.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
in my old PC had single copy drivers. I also knew website link.

Virus infected my PC. Never found drivers. 'Page cant be displayed'

Had to spend money at local PC shop :(

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Sad for you. Then he should make multiple copies. But AFAIK driverguide don't delete drivers from their site because OP's mobo was really old mobo.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Enough of the backup problem guys!!

About two years ago, I was being a smart a$$ :cool: and trying to connect a hard drive in parallel with another one, while the system was running, since it was not detecting otherwise (some master-slave stuff). Result: My Main hard drive crashed, and the one which I was trying to connect survived (weird@ Isn't it?) :duh2:

I lost my entire 1 year worth of content. :hyper: And that was it. From then on, I understood the importance of backups. And now I regularly make backups. Even backup of the backups!

And about my mobo being such an old one is concerned... come on.. it was not that ancient!! I mean, there must be those rare breeds of people, who still owns a Pen 4 PC! Isnt so? I mean, Anybody!! ... Anyone?? :unsure:

Ok, granted, maybe it IS that old :ashamed:, but hey, the sole purpose of Internet is to provide any thing. And I mean, ANY thing! Cause, (mostly), things once uploaded on the Internet, rarely goes down. The real art, is how to track them down. :brainiac:

Top Bottom