New Monitor and Keyboard Recommendation

Hrishi

Hi Folks ,

I am in the process of gradually upgrading the components I used for portable gaming , since I have now switched to a desktop which is capable of gaming.
The rig is fair enough to handle most modern games at 900-1080p ( Most of them at ultra , and some of the demanding ones at High to very high ).

The only problem or rather say the bottleneck I have in my current gaming setup is the Monitor and Keyboard.
I have/had a laptop which was capable of giving pretty what similar output but at 768p resolution , so when buying the TV I bought the 768p HD variant. It's a 28" HDTV from videocon.

Now the problem is that I don't have a monitor so I play games on my HDTV connected to PC. Non-FPS games like GTA5 , NFSMW , DIRT3 , feel good on the screen but otherwise in FPS it feels a bit of strain on eyes and certain amount of difficulty . I think there is a bit of lag too , which I am not sure of. Is there anyone here who plays on a 24"+ screen ?
The keyboard is a wireless one , maybe adding to the delay.

Do you guys have any good recommendations on a Good Display and a good Keyboard within specified budget ( suitable for fps gaming ).?

For monitor I prefer glossy panels , but if the non-glossy ones are better for gaming then let it be non-glossy. ( My HDTV is matte )
Preferably IPS panels with good color reproduction. The most important aspect is the response time , it should be on the lower side which suites FPS gaming.

For keyboard , I am looking for something which is quite soft as I sprint around a lot and holding the Shift key is a big time PITA.

Budget as low as possible. [ For Monitor 5-8k] , [ For Keyboard 1-3k].
Purchase time : Probably in July since the current rig already cost me almost 6 grands.

devil'sdouble

Broken In
You have really low budget for the monitor, so can't recommend one. But I would avoid those cheap IPS panels. They won't be as fast as TN panels for response times, and I can guarantee you won't be able to tell any difference from a decent enough VA/ TN panel.

For keyboard go for Logitech G110 or G100.

Top Bottom