NEW MOBO Reqd

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
pls refer to my siggy and suggest what MOBO should i buy for 955 BE with everything constant.

AFAIK IGP mobos are not available any more. so GPU is required seperately.
pls suggest the mobo from GIGABYTE only and a bare minimum GPU to run HD MOVIES and casual games.

Budget For mobo is 10k(STRICTLY). Not decided for GPU yet. will think over the suggestions.

My current ASUS mobo has started giving probs after only two yrs(which i have discussed already here) and I AM NOT GOING TO RMA IT TO RASHI PERIPHERALS.(wish even my foes do not make such mistakes by buying ASUS)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H (rev. 3.1) @Rs.4000
and a Sapphire 5670(512 mb) @rs.3800
price ref- Sapphire - HD 5670 GDDR5 [ 512MB RAM ] ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India
leaving Rs.2200 for a FSP Saga II 500w if you already dont have good PSU

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Budget For mobo is 10k(STRICTLY). Not decided for GPU yet. will think over the suggestions.

For budget something like 10K, you can consider this Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3@9.1K from SMCInternational.
Although Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3(rev. 3.1)@4.8K will be enough for your needs.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Better to go for 990FX based mobo as you have a good budget. This will ensure a better upgrade path in future.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Get this Motherboard:
BIOSTAR TA990FXE 990FX Chipset based motherboard at 8.5K. It is based on 990FX chipset and offers almost twice the PCI-E lanes compared to a Normal Z68 motherboard. Also build quality wise this board is very strong and offers very good overclocking. FX8150 went to 8 GHz+ on this motherboard.

Flipkart: Biostar TA990FXE Motherboard: Motherboard

People, who has problem with the BIOSTAR name, here are two reviews for them:-
Biostar TA990FXE AM3+ Review - Page 1/13 | techPowerUp
BIOSTAR TA990FXE AMD 990FX Motherboard Review - BIOSTAR TA990FXE - Legit Reviews

BIOSTAR has Abacus peripheral as their service center and they are pretty good, thousand times better than Rashi Peripherals.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
For budget something like 10K, you can consider this Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3@9.1K from SMCInternational.

I'll suggest you this same motherboard.
Reasons: 1. 990FX based.
2. UD3 board, good build quality & very good for overclockers.
3. This board will allow you to upgrade the present processor if you want to.

@tenida: great suggestion & find. rep+

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
for GPU getting this from flipkart.

LINK

should i get this? how is the deal ?

have u heard the company name "HIS"?

fLIPKART is also giving the mobo at less price. what is your opinion?

link

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
My current ASUS mobo has started giving probs after only two yrs(which i have discussed already here) and I AM NOT GOING TO RMA IT TO RASHI PERIPHERALS.(wish even my foes do not make such mistakes by buying ASUS)
First and the foremost.

If you are not going to RMA it and post your experience, there is no point of dissing Rashi Peripherals and spamming everywhere.

ashish21099

Broken In
for GPU getting this from flipkart.

LINK

should i get this? how is the deal ?

have u heard the company name "HIS"?

fLIPKART is also giving the mobo at less price. what is your opinion?

link
Its a good deal for Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3.
But if you can do with m-ATX then Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3L is a good option.
Its a decent mobo and will spare your money for a better graphics card like 6850.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
First and the foremost.

If you are not going to RMA it and post your experience, there is no point of dissing Rashi Peripherals and spamming everywhere.

sorry if it is a spam. but what i thought that in my case also RASHI will not deliver any good experience regarding MOBO i already have got a taste for the Logitech Keyboard from them and it is bitter.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
sorry if it is a spam. but what i thought that in my case also RASHI will not deliver any good experience regarding MOBO i already have got a taste for the Logitech Keyboard from them and it is bitter.
sorry, you can not think or say anything if you haven't experienced yourself.

If you have had a bad service by Rashi in case of your Logitech Keyboard, create a thread in the Service and RMA section alongwith your RMA/Challan number mentioned.

We need solid posts.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
sorry, you can not think or say anything if you haven't experienced yourself.

If you have had a bad service by Rashi in case of your Logitech Keyboard, create a thread in the Service and RMA section alongwith your RMA/Challan number mentioned.

We need solid posts.

already created at that time,

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@avichandana20000,read my reply i posted today in your thread(*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/149912-unexpected-shutdown-twice.html).

Top Bottom