New mobile budget advice

Soumik

Padawan
1. Budget - Not decided, but not restricted.
2. Display type and size - Nice and big. Should be atleast FHD.
3. Dual sim - No.
4. Preferred choice of brand - Nope.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) - Should be decent.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). - Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready) - US 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? - Games + everything else. (I play a lot of games)
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? - Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, LG G2/G3
10. Any other info that you want to share - Big Note below:

I used to use and love OnePlus one. Unfortunately my screen cracked from the inside all of a sudden, and the digitizer stopped working. The straight mid cut divided the screen into a working top half and a non working bottom half. So, i want to get a new mobile now. (I have lost the IMEI number and cant raise a ticket with OnePlus)
I loved the S6 Edge. I want to buy it right away but its not releasing till Friday. So, it gives me some time to think. I went to the store and saw the S6 duo.. And while they truely are great looking phones, they didnt wow me as much as i thought they would. Frankly the Edge felt tiny after my OPO. (And the UI made it worse). I am not a touchwiz hater... but i would probably put some other launcher on that Edge UI if i get it.
The burning question to me now are...

1) Should i spend the extra money and get the Edge?
2) Is the normal S6 worth buying knowing i can afford the Edge?
3) Should i but something like LG G2 (with my reward points, its coming to less then US $200 right now.) and wait for something better to come out... eg: One Plus 2(Was waiting for this initially), Note 5/ Note 5 Edge, Next Gen chipsets to reach market(2016)

Thanks for the help.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
1- At the CMP, no. (Disregard this comment if you are a billionaire and from the sound of you seems like you are)
2- I don't even consider the normal S6 after looking at the Edge variant, don't know why anyone would!
3- G2/G3, comparing Oranges with Apples again, but you can get them and wait for the Note 5 (or whatever else will come) to come, that's not really a horrible decision.

In any case you need to fix a budget, spending a lot behind ANY might just be a waste of your money. If it's really the S6 Edge you are after then you might wanna wait at least a couple of months (if that's an option for you), cause at CMP it simply doesn't worth it, needless to say none are.

$hadow

Geek in making
that is a under cooked questionnaire. You should detail it more.
So you want a phone right away so s6 and edge are of the table till tomorrow. SO you have to recheck options since you haven't listed many and on the other hand you are also willing to wait. I won;t suggest doing that waiting is a bad game unless you actually know what is coming out and it is worth it.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thanks for the answers. :)
[MENTION=99398]ithehappy[/MENTION] - Am not really rich.. lol. But i thought i can may be spend for the edge if its really worth it. Which.. doesnt seem like it at the current price. It looks damn tiny... and on the shelves.. i could hardly see why that QHD is required on that tiny a phone. :p
I think as per ur suggestion, i should get some cheaper device and wait for better devices to come at the end of the year or may be next year. Edge is too darn costly.
[MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION] - Yeah. I was in a hurry to buy the Edge since it wow'ed me in the promo s and some youtube videos. But now that i cant buy till Friday morning, and having seen the device in hand, i am reconsidering the considerably high price of the device. Waiting is a bad game, and a bit confident that the Exynos 7 chipset will be the top dog till Note 5 comes out with an even better E7 chip. So, no point in waiting. Only decision is... should i buy something cheap so that i can upgrade again in a year, or pay the full price for Edge and buy that right away?

$hadow

Geek in making
I always buy a cheap phone if I knew that I had to buy a phone which is going to be available at this time. I am now waiting for s6 but won't buy it till Note 5 launch. Coz till then the phone will certainly came close to the realistic pricing.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
All depends on you. If you have no problem spending for the Edge then get it, you know how the device is. The question is a lot of people can buy the Edge or even costlier devices but the main question is whether you want to or not, but if you are certain that you want to then get it, no other way to look at it. But if you ask whether it is worth it or not, NO, it is not, at current price.

So get one of those cheapos, G2 or something, and wait till the end of the year, but again, if you think about making the jump for the Note 5 near its release then it won't be worth it either, unless you wait 2-3 months at least. It's all same.

So now you decide. Your money, your mind, both need to be ready to spend the cash, if they aren't ready then don't spend it, simple bro.

OP
Soumik

Soumik

Padawan
Thanks guys... I jumped the gun and bought.... something totally different... and actually even costlier.. lol!
I was using my friend's spare Note 3 for a few days.. and really liked the device. After discussing a lot with.. well myself... thought wth... I want the Edge.. but S6 Edge feels to small after OnePlus One and Note 3... So better get the Note Edge ! :D
Got a sweet deal from my local authorized dealer, so couldn't resist buying it. :)
I took it home.. opened it been using it for a long time. I have kept all the Samsung gimmicks at bay, just kept the Edge screen options running. But gotta say... the Edge is surely an attention grabber. I have kept on touching and fondling the edge screen continuously. It will probably fade off, but am surely satisfied with it with my initial thoughts. :)

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks guys... I jumped the gun and bought.... something totally different... and actually even costlier.. lol!
I was using my friend's spare Note 3 for a few days.. and really liked the device. After discussing a lot with.. well myself... thought wth... I want the Edge.. but S6 Edge feels to small after OnePlus One and Note 3... So better get the Note Edge ! :D
Got a sweet deal from my local authorized dealer, so couldn't resist buying it. :)
I took it home.. opened it been using it for a long time. I have kept all the Samsung gimmicks at bay, just kept the Edge screen options running. But gotta say... the Edge is surely an attention grabber. I have kept on touching and fondling the edge screen continuously. It will probably fade off, but am surely satisfied with it with my initial thoughts. :)

Congo and I am waiting for a review.

Top Bottom