New Line of iPods Not Compatible With Old Third Party Video Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
gizmodo said:
Word on the street is that the video out function on the new line of iPods is locked if used in conjunction with old video cables and docks from third parties. Apparently, the new iPods will only work with cables featuring Apple's authentication chip (read: official first party products and a handful of third party), leaving long time video iPod owners in a bind if they have iPod video gear lying around. In a week where Apple hasn't made the most popular decisions(iPhone price cut HELLO), this probably won't gain them any cool points. No official statement has been issued by Apple, so it's tough to say there is a good reason for this, or if it is just an oversight. Either way, it's a tough pill to swallow for those who shelled out a lot of money for old video gear and now want a new iPod
...i heard a lot about the word monopoly here does it fit here ?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Please do us the favour of mentioning the source!

OK, I see, it's Giz.

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
*gizmodo.com/gadgets/ipod/new-line-...le-with-old-third-party-video-gear-297722.php

there u go my friend ... have a nice time :)

I don't understand why both these Winboys are waiting so eagerly for bad press about apple and posting it to show their EGO rather than helping out people in the forum.

Why do you guys want to turn this forum into your ego battlefield? Post some useful information that will help people! And for the love of god, please stop posting rumors, Technology news section is not for posting rumors! If you don't know what rumors are, it's an unconfirmed news from the manufacturer. Till Apple confirms it, I think this thread is just another Microsoft Faboy's ego show!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
how many times have we tell members that everything starts from a rumor ...

i think arya wud side me on this 1 atleast

1. the iphone - a rumor
2. the "slightly wider"/fat nano - rumor
3. the new mac keyborads were rumored to look like what they are

the reality we both know ... its peice of news with my personal thoughts ... if u find it wrong report it to the mods ... and i shall abide by their decission .... please dont give us lectures on helping etc etc considering a lot of ur posts in the gamerz section on dx 10 and others ;)

and i think it necessary that members here know about this possibility so before they shell out money they cross chk it ... cross chking something wouldnt harm any1 rather be more sensible ....

iMav said:
how many times have we tell members that everything starts from a rumor ...

1. the iphone - a rumor
2. the "slightly wider"/fat nano - rumor ... the reality we both know ... its peice of news with my personal thoughts ... if u find it wrong report it to the mods ... and i shall abide by their decission .... please dont give us lectures on helping etc etc considering a lot of ur posts in the gamerz section on dx 10 and others ;)

Oh please iMav, don't start you personal ego crap again on these threads and keep it clean, as far as the dx10 threads are concerned, you had been warned by the MODs not to mislead people and yet you like a kid keep pointing to something baseless, besides what is your intention by saying those things? Trying to tell everyone that I'm stupid and all my posts are crap? Get a life dude!! and if you keep misleading people again about previous posts, be sure to see action from MODs. For the love of God, please don't come back and ask me to show you the thread where you were warned if you don't remember it!!

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
offtopic: HiH could u tell me where i was mis-leading members? and also the subsequent warning

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iMav said:
No, I wouldn't. I am strictly against posting rumours, whether they be in favour of Apple or against them.

iMav said:
1. the iphone - a rumor
... for the last five years. It wasn't a rumour. People were hoping, praying that Apple would make a cellphone and so they were being loud on the Internet. Since five years.

iMav said:
2. the "slightly wider"/fat nano - rumor
3. the new mac keyborads were rumored to look like what they are
This weren't rumours either. Both instances had confirmed, leaked images to support the story.

That's not to say that rumours don't have the potential of being true. The iTunes store going Wi-Fi has been a rumour for quite some time now. But posting unconfirmed news in the Technology News section is just baseless, IMHO.

That being said, however, I have to say that there is nothing wrong with this topic. This is not a rumour, but a report about a highly anticipated and hot technology product. It might turn out to be false but in all likelihood, is true.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
point accepted

but the point im making is that 'rumors' tend to have the possibility of materialising so i guess speculatng isnt wrong and on this particular issue it is better that who ever is planning to buy a new ipod be aware of such a possibility :)

however the iphone was a rumor the prayers started happening once a rumor broke ut that a possible iphone is in the making ;) am i right ?

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
haan haan funky .... wen ur ipod wudnt hav worked with ur ipod accessory then u wudv known who pwned whom :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom