Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend is interested in purchasing a new lap top within range of 35-40k, please do suggest available models from dell, hp, and other good ones with specifications in detail, its urgent wants to buy tomorrow itself, so guys please help me out.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Config required? For use in home or business etc?

Dell Inspiron 1525
Dell Vostro V1400
Lenovo 775763Q
Compaq C786TU
HP DV2901TU

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
My god, there hv been endless threads abt laptops in the recent month..phew... here goes one more..
---------

Yup, nice choices by thinkfree.. :)

btw, stay away from Compaq lappys...as they hv Compatibility issues... :(

DELL, HP and Lenovo is good...(in that specific order)...

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
he is an army officer, he wants it for general use like ppt and other common uses,

some thing with 2-3 gb ram, 15.4" screen, 250gb hdd,supportive gfx either onboard or separate card,2.0gz c2d cpu would suffice, dvd writer and without vista.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Well,DELL lappys are NOT sold on streets/shops (in directly vendors hands) , either contact DELL thru their site and toll free number at www.dell.co.in or visit a DELL partener shop like Croma, Vijay Sales.. :)

DELL sells its products directly to customers(via their site www.dell.co.in or with their partener shops like Croma or Vijay Sales) with NO vendors/seller shops in b/w the transaction.. :)

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
Well,DELL lappys are NOT sold on streets/shops (in directly vendors hands) , either contact DELL thru their site and toll free number at www.dell.co.in or visit a DELL partener shop like Croma, Vijay Sales.. :)

DELL sells its products directly to customers(via their site www.dell.co.in or with their partener shops like Croma or Vijay Sales) with NO vendors/seller shops in b/w the transaction.. :)
no now they are available in shops also, however no customisation option, what ever pre customised piece they have, we have to buy it, in one shop I personally asked for it, he said fixed price no bargain,
any hp models in this range.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ ooh is it ?? well thanx for the info..

but wich shops are selling those ?? (in Mumbai) ??? well they must hv actually ordered those lappys from DELL and hence no customisation option available.. :) that can be the only and the ONLY thing.. :) (believe me)...

Well, for HP, u can check out the HP's DV series of lappys.. :)

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
we settled on acer aspire 5920wlmi, gettig for 36k, 160 gb hdd, 2 gb ram, 1.83gz c2d cpu, 15" screen, vista home premium, as he is stringent on his budget, dell with 2.0gz cpu and other same config however with dos for 40k,
aspire 6930 with 2 gz c2d cpu, 16"screen, 3 gb ram, 320 gb hdd for 46k.

these are at hyderabad, I dont know of mumbai.

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
we settled on acer aspire 5920wlmi, gettig for 36k, 160 gb hdd, 2 gb ram, 1.83gz c2d cpu, 15" screen, vista home premium, as he is stringent on his budget, dell with 2.0gz cpu and other same config however with dos for 40k,
aspire 6930 with 2 gz c2d cpu, 16"screen, 3 gb ram, 320 gb hdd for 46k.

these are at hyderabad, I dont know of mumbai.

2 days back the same was offered to me for 33.5k including taxes..

+ 6k if you have you can go for 3 year warranty...that you can try ,
may be even now..

OP
A

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
2 days back the same was offered to me for 33.5k including taxes..

+ 6k if you have you can go for 3 year warranty...that you can try ,
may be even now..
might be with linux.

To the OP: Congrats on ur purchase.. :)

no , we purchased dell vostro 1510, for 40k, 2 gb ram, 1.8gz c2d, 250gb hdd,2mp webcam and other common features, carry case included however no OS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom