New Laptop Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
Hey Guyz!!!!!
I need a laptop for my studies.
my main need is a good processor to run oracle database application and at least 2 GB ram, 120GB HDD is enough i have a portable HDD of 160 GB which i can use. a decent graphic card is also ok like geforce 8600m or ati HD3450 or nearer for playing some good games like gears of war and some latest at least at medium-low settings. Actually I am in UK so some of the websites name ill give. I'll prefer toshiba laptop, please suggest me a good laptop.
Thanks
Websites are as follows:
www.laptopdirect.co.uk
www.argos.co.uk
www.pcworld.co.uk
www.staples.co.uk
www.tescodirect.co.uk
www.currys.co.uk

aslo tell me that is ATI Radeon® X1200 a good graphic card for latest games in a laptop.
Thanks
Reply soon

acewin

Point Blanc
Kanu seems to be a girly name.
Atleast give a little details of budget. in punds certainly
will recommend cooler HD3450 over 8600GT

Its easy to decide things, besides you should do search on your own coming laptop models and makes, giving links and then we can suggest.

Toshiba are good, little expensive though.
Check Dell UK and HP's UK site to get details of laptop models available and price range.
If you do not wanna do on your own, then it is bad but still give the budget speculation and then can help you

Answer to how good X1200 is

check the above link on X1200

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
with ur graphic requirements the dell xps series seem good for u. u can opt for the m1530 of dell which has all that u want and a 8600mgt. costs aroudn 55k rupees i think. no cheaper if u want 8600mgt.

OP
kanu2k7

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
@acewin
hey its may be sounds a girly name but its not. I am a guy yaar!!!

well my budget is around £500.
and i have already searched for laptops i have found many but it has let me to confusion.
ok is acer 5920G and 5520G (pdf attached) is any good.

acewin

Point Blanc
:D just trying my lucks :p

5920G is good, besides you were thinking of toshiba didnt you get any good model of it.
Besides these check Dell Studio 15, I actually liked the model given on the site in 649$, but do not know if you will like the price.
Considering the exact budget, I liked Toshiba Satellite A200-28P.

How about sale, dont they put sale there. Check laptops with processors of intel T8xxx or T7xxx, best is P series the coolest ones that is why I like the Dell Studio quoted as 649$

OP
kanu2k7

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
Hey how is Toshiba Satellite A200-27U
is the graphic enough to play some latest games like Call Of Duty 4 at Medium-Low settings?

well the price of the other Toshiba laptop you said was above my budget.

acewin

Point Blanc
Better have a look at this piece Dell Studio 15

go for Dell studio or Acer Aspire series, in 500 buck these would be best for you

the model I have suggested is 479 bucks, increase the RAM to 4GB and your budget goes to 539. This has HD3450 which is a decent GPU, the 128 MB vram HD2400 is not much of good in the Toshiba models in your budget.

Last edited:
OP
kanu2k7

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
OK so now I'll decide between DELL studio 15 £479 laptop or the acer aspire 5920 G whichever I get in a bargain coz here there are many variations in the prices of the acer laptops in different stores. Is acer a good enough company?

acewin

Point Blanc
yeah it is, but I hope you can wait for more comments, do not just go on my comments. There are people who know more better models if any.

yeah it is, but I hope you can wait for more comments, do not just go on my comments. There are people who know more better models if any.

Besides I will suggest do not just think of gaming(good GPU as I suggested), look for decent config also, bcoz getting a good gpu in laptop will just increase the cost.. There are very good configs available in Fujitsu check this one Fujitsu Siemens V5545

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Check these:

*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF05a/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-3744201.html

*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329744-64354-64354-3675069-3722275.html

Acer 5920G looks good and Acer is pretty reliable brand.

acewin

Point Blanc
Desi dv5 prices would be higher for kanu,
but you can check other HP models from 6900 series and all which are priced less than 500 they too are good

hp laptops are good with decent ram processor good graphic solutions(9200gs and 9600m gt) which can run even the best games at medium resolutions i think that you should choose one from hp

OP
kanu2k7

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
After a long time of thinking I may have decided on 2 Toshiba Laptop
A300-1BZ or A200-28P these are around £699.
These are over my budget so I will wait for the discount season here which starts from November.
Guyz are these 2 Lappy worth their money and which one is the best.
Thanks

Hey I found this Toshiba Laptop very good as well but it has an AMD processor.
Toshiba A300 - 15B
Tell me more about this????
is AMD worth buying!

Last edited:
The Toshiba A300 should have absolutely NO difficulty in gaming. Infact, its more oriented towards gaming than normal usage. The AMD Turion Ultra 2.1GHz processor is not bad, and would be good enough for most use. Expect it to perform similar to a Core2Duo E2200 2.2GHz, and thats not bad at all.

But if you go for an intel config, most of them at the same price can't game as well because they have lower end GPUs, but they have much better CPUs.

Acer 5920G would be the laptop which I can say has a comparable performance to this laptop, with the key difference being that this one is more CPU oriented. But I would expect similar gaming results on both, since 5920G has 4MB L2 cache, compared to A300-15B's 2MB, which can compensate in CPU intensive games for its weaker graphics.

OP
kanu2k7

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
Well I have Decided to go for Toshiba A200-28P. Tell me how is this Laptop.here is The Link. I am getting this for a cheap price of £449.9
from dixons.co.uk

Please do tell me this!
Thank you!!!!

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
damn how did you find that specs in such price.

Its just go go go.
Very good buy in a less than 500 and I can even say you would not easily find those specs in 500-600(with tax)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom