New Laptop Purchase

knocknock

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

14 inch screen preferred but 15.6 is okay with me

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

Software Development/Programming. Music. Movies. Some casual light gaming every once in a while.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Lenovo
b. Dislike: HP, Toshiba

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

i7, 500gb+, 6gb+ ram

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution: No preferrence
Battery backup: 3-4 hrs
Purchase place: Flipkart or offline Delhi/NCR
OS: Win7 preferred over Win8. Will Dual Boot with Mint.
Build quality should be solid as I want it to last me at least 3-4 good years. so futureproof.
Need something that can handle heavy multitasking. I am usually running eclipse, idle, vlc, a text editor, 15-20 tabs in chrome some with content streaming.

satya1

Right off the assembly line
Lenovo Ideapad Y510 (59-390016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.74475 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Y510 (59-390016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Check this out. You will also get Rs 5000 off if you have an HDFC card. Offer only till Jan 1st.

OP
K

knocknock

Broken In
WS Retail is not in the sellers list. Are the other sellers trustable with credit card payment? Many have got bad reviews broken seal, used product, scratched. Is there any other deal/offer that anyone knows of?

$hadow

Geek in making
Go for y510p and when you can buy it from Delhi why look for online plenty of sellers are selling it over there.

OP
K

knocknock

Broken In
Is y510p *nix hostile? has anyone had any success with installing any distro? seems to people are having problems with dual booting win8 and ubuntu? or is this the case with all win8 laptops?
excuse my win8 inexperience, i have never used it before.

Is y510p *nix hostile? has anyone had any success with installing any distro? seems to people are having problems with dual booting win8 and ubuntu? or is this the case with all win8 laptops?
excuse my win8 inexperience, i have never used it before.

Its problem with all win8 laptops

Top Bottom