New laptop in place of my old laptop or not?

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hi,

I have hcl leaptop currently with configuration Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, 15.6" Screen etc.

Now the problem is that its battery is dead and has some breakages on screen panel on the plastic joints.

So, If i want to change these to new then it would cost Rs.3500 ( battery-2500, Panel -1000).

Please suggest if i should go ahead with the new replacements or should I sell the laptop (for which i am getting rs.5000)

Effective cost of old laptop - Rs.5000+Rs.3500= Rs.8500

One more thing .. If I want to get a new laptop or netbook with atleast same processor power and RAM then what would be the cheapest price for that. I mean i dont want to spend much on new laptop but atleast wants same configuration available in my current old laptop.

Please suggest

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
One more thing .. If I want to get a new laptop or netbook with atleast same processor power and RAM then what would be the cheapest price for that. I mean i dont want to spend much on new laptop but atleast wants same configuration available in my current old laptop.
No use getting a laptop with same processing power etc

anyways will cost atleast 15k(Rs.15000)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
keep using the laptop. Similar laptops will cost 20k though they'll use Pentium Dual Core. Still you'll be wasting a lot of money if you try to sell this off.

arami

Right off the assembly line
I don't get your maths. But I would suggest buying new one. Don't go for a netbook. You'll kill yourself trying to peer into the excel sheets on those. Buy atleast 14 in. Second hand better spec is also an option

Top Bottom