[Query] New hardisk recevied today no working

bibinjohn

Journeyman
hello

my WD My Passport 1TB harddisk was detecting, since it was under warranty i created an RMA and they sent a new one. I received the new hard disk today(had travel 20 km because Fedex didn't deliver it to my place). i connected the hard disk started copying files, in the middle of copying the hardisk got disconnected automatically. so i reconnected the harddisk again. When i reconnected it disk was not detecting at all. i connected it my other USB port. the hardisk got detected. i tried to copy files again. but in the middle of copying same thing happened. i reconnected it again . The hardisk is keep on connecting and disconnection. These are my questions

1. Will i get a new harddisk again.?
2. Do i need to register the new hardisk in the portal and create an RMA..?
3. In the back of the hardisk it is given as "Recertified in Malaysia" instead of "Product of Malaysia". What does this mean.?

one thing i have to say is that WD service is very good. i even got a new USB 3.0 cable for free

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
wd has a toll free number. try calling them and inform this matter. they most probably will send another one :D. in the mean time just check the hdd on another pc.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
May be your USB ports are creating this problem. Check in another PC. If problem persists contact WD. And the recertified thingy, my best guess is it is a previously RMA ed hard drive that has been repaired by WD and has undergone QC check at Malaysia

OP
B

bibinjohn

Journeyman
i called them. the CC started making the RMA but it was almost 6pm and while creating the RMA some error came. SO will call them tomorrow. i tried making RMA myself but the Hardisk is not coming on the registered products. When i try to register the hardisk some other error came. But now the hard disk is working fine. i dont know the issue again starts when i plug it again.
i will try it in another PC

Top Bottom