New Graphics card within 12K

krish1987

Right off the assembly line
Hello Everyone, I'm from Kolkata and I'll be buying a new Gfx Card on March 1st week. Budget is ~12K.

Currently I'm using a very old rig (MSI mobo having PCIx16 2.0, Athlon x2 240, 4GB DDR2 800Mhz, Cooler Master Extreme Power 500W). Will be dumping the whole rig within next 2-3 months, till then I'll be using the new card with this rig(I really hope that new generation PCIx16 3.0 cards will be backward compatible). After searching a lots of online forums/sites, I was under the impression that any ATI 7850 2GB card or NVIDIA GTX660 (non-Ti) will fit into this budget. But alas! All Indian online shopping sites are selling these way too over-priced. So I guess I'll have to head to local computer parts market Chadni-Chowk to get the thing. All of you Digit-readers from Kolkata, need advice regarding what will be actual street-price for these two cards...plz help.

Just as an FYI, I'm not going to overclock the card anytime soon. I'll be playing games mostly around 1600x900 at whatever settings can be maxed....anything more than 30fps is okay. Target cards are listed below. If any of you Digit members from Kolkata have purchased them, please mention the shop and price details in the reply.
* Sapphire HD 7850 2GB (OC, non OC whatever)
* MSI HD 7850 2GB (Power edition, Twin Frozr edition, Basic edition whatever)
* Zotac Gtx660 2GB (Non Ti,one with the lesser core-count)
* MSI Gtx660 2GB (Non Ti,one with the lesser core-count)
*A nything else from Green Team, a generation older...like Gtx560Ti or Gtx570 etc..only if it fits the budget and performs as par with the above two (R7850/Gtx660)

Thanks in advance folks. I know I'll get a ton of helpful suggestion from u guys.

You can have HD7850 1gb version for 13k however I would recommend to stretch your budget a bit and grab the 2gb version of HD7850 or gtx660,there are games in recent times that are utilising 2gb vrm,eg: Crysis3.
Sapphire HD7850 2gb version costs rs13800 approx and Gigabyte gtx660 costs around rs14800 in the local market.

Top Bottom