New graphic card for around 17k

Hi, I need a new graphic card (for my friend). The budget for graphic card is 17k. here is the PC config:

FX 8350
Asus M5A97 R2.0 (non EVO)
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 4 GB RAM
WD Blue 500 GB HDD
Corsair GS500 or Seasonic S12II 520W (depending on availability)
NZXT Gamma
Dell S2240L

I have decided to get him an HD7870. Here are the shortlisted variants:

Gigabyte AMD GV-R787OC-2GD 1.0 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (Gigabyte AMD GV-R787OC-2GD 1.0 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com)
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Flex Edition 2 GB GDDR5 (Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 Flex Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com)

PS: the config has not been bought yet (but almost finalised), so any changes are welcome :)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
get saphhire hd 7870 xt boost edition.it just slight behind the gtx 660ti in performance and is very good for price

- SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD HD 7870 2GB DDR5 XT WITH BOOST

ok if he needs from flipkart,then get that gigabyte hd 7870 one,looks good to me and has very good cooling

- *www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-amd-ati-...ZXGF&ref=924b06f5-9b5f-4ef4-89b0-83530ec8697c

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
Any help here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/internet-www/173570-webistes-emi-option.html will help getting a better card too.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
or if you want price/performance gpu then get gtx 660.it is just 4-5% behind then hd 7870 and really good for the price (saves 2k) + it will outperform hd 7870 in games like bf3,crysis 3 etc.

- Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5 GV-N660OC-2GD Graphics Card - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

*tpucdn.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_650_Ti_Boost/images/perfrel_1920.gif

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I think the EMI option is based on Credit Card right on Flipkart? If it is so he can buy from anywhere and ask his Credit Card Company to transform it in to EMis.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
there may be charges from the cc company to convert into EMI check with them the options
let's say I am the XBank & you have a credit card of my bank.
Now you purchase something from MD Computers. Now i will pay MD Computers the full amount.

Now you(the CC holder) ask me that you need to transform the purchase into EMI, i tell you there will be y% charge if i convert to let's say 6 month EMI & you agree.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
^ so is it like that the cc company pays the full amount to the seller and charges the buyer (the cc holder) in installments?

^ so is it like that the cc company pays the full amount to the seller and charges the buyer (the cc holder) in installments?

GTX 660 vs HD 7870? i cant decide.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
there may be charges from the cc company to convert into EMI check with them the options
let's say I am the XBank & you have a credit card of my bank.
Now you purchase something from MD Computers. Now i will pay MD Computers the full amount.

Now you(the CC holder) ask me that you need to transform the purchase into EMI, i tell you there will be y% charge if i convert to let's say 6 month EMI & you agree.

Even if you buy it from flipkart in EMI you will be charged,anyways.

GTX 660 vs HD 7870? i cant decide.

HD 7870 the Asus one. It can be overclocked unlike the GTX660 which is locked.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ It has a power limiter (+10%) and clock speeds cannot increase after a limit. Its not like it can't be overclocked but 7870 can be overclocked more.
Actually its not wise to overclock a card to insane levels for a few fps because of longevity issues. GTX titan has no power limiter and can be overclocked far higher resulting in 25 - 30% increase.

for gtx 660, check this:

HARDOCP - Overclocking - ASUS GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC Video Card Review

For titan, check this:

HARDOCP - Introduction - Default Clocks - NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN Overclocking Review

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
But Gigabytes GPU service policy is tricky. They send it abroad and etc... So take a note of that. Otherwise the card looks very interesting.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ See if you can get the sapphire version. 7870 are retailing less than 16k in kolkata (vedant computers).

Incinerator or cilus can help you to bag one.

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
^^ See if you can get the sapphire version. 7870 are retailing less than 16k in kolkata (vedant computers).

Incinerator or cilus can help you to bag one.
Adding 500 for delivery, 16.5k for Sapphire is a good deal.

How about this: (*www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7870-2gb-gddr5-flex-2-gb-graphics-card/p/itmddu7grqqtrghg?pid=GRCDDU7GDZ327GZJ&ref=42107e2e-f0c7-4a77-82c8-ea13dc12f61a) ()

How about this: (*www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-hd-7870-2gb-gddr5-flex-2-gb-graphics-card/p/itmddu7grqqtrghg?pid=GRCDDU7GDZ327GZJ&ref=42107e2e-f0c7-4a77-82c8-ea13dc12f61a) ()

Top Bottom