I'm planning to buy a new GPU for my pc. Current config is as follows,
FX6300
asus m5a97 r2.0
seasonic s12ii 520
vengeance 4gb
current card: nvidia gt 630
case : nzxt gamma [ pls tell if the card will fit properly ]
monitor : dell 20" 1600*900 may upgrade it later to fHD

My budget is 15k max. Just out of curiosity what's the max card I can have without any bottleneck or power issues? Also is there going to be any new releases that I should wait for?

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Are you guys sure this will fit into my cabinet? And does my psu have enough connectors for this? I don't know about these things so please bear with me. Also what's the max gpu i could get for this system, if budget limitation is not there?

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
you will need 6+6 pice power connector and that psu is very very good
Thanks for the reply. Anyway by googling I found that gpu comes with two 4pin molex to 6 pin pcie convertor cables. I read the specs of my psu and saw that only one pcie 6 pin is available. So I can use that and one molex convertor also, right?
One more question: Will it make much difference in gameplay if I upgrade to 8gb ram?
And please answer my prev question: what's the maximum gpu I can go for with my current pc?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the reply. Anyway by googling I found that gpu comes with two 4pin molex to 6 pin pcie convertor cables. I read the specs of my psu and saw that only one pcie 6 pin is available. So I can use that and one molex convertor also, right?
One more question: Will it make much difference in gameplay if I upgrade to 8gb ram?
And please answer my prev question: what's the maximum gpu I can go for with my current pc?

you can go for molex converters.
8gb is not required now for gaming. upgrade when the need arises.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
i would say 8gb at the very least becoz new games now demand 6gb min. so to be on safe side go with 8gb.
max gpu would be 270x and thats the best in you're budget.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
i would say 8gb at the very least becoz new games now demand 6gb min. so to be on safe side go with 8gb.
max gpu would be 270x and thats the best in you're budget.

demanding is not what they utilize. have you ever seen any games using/require that much amount of ram?? i dont know any.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
demanding is not what they utilize. have you ever seen any games using/require that much amount of ram?? i dont know any.

that doesnt matter demand or utilize or anything for that matter.
if op can get 8gb within his budget hen by all means he should get it. it makes more sense now to buy 8gb ram
demand or utilize i dont know about that but min spec for new games like cod ghost watch dogs say 6gb min. thats why i said 8gb.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
I've a corsair vengeance single 4gb 1600mhz ram. Is it okay if I add a same model ram? I heard there might be some issues if we buy ram separately? Do I've to sell my current ram and get a dual channel kit or something?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've a corsair vengeance single 4gb 1600mhz ram. Is it okay if I add a same model ram? I heard there might be some issues if we buy ram separately? Do I've to sell my current ram and get a dual channel kit or something?

Most probably not and this is true for 99% cases but can't be guaranteed though :D

Top Bottom