New Gaming/Entertainment PC - Build from Scratch - Budget 40-45k

ramk89

Right off the assembly line
Need Help - New Gaming/Entertainment PC - Build from Scratch - Budget 40-45k

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Should be able to smoothly play the latest games (Max Payne, Assasin's Creed, Witcher) at high graphics

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k (Can extend it to 45k)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: In future. Not right now.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 (No need to include it in budget)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB. Does it make sense to look at SSDs for OS and games alone make sense ? Should be strictly within budget.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. Not sure about the resolution. Anything that makes the experience good at full HD is fine.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Don't have anything.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No. Will be using an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Salem, TN. Open to shop online or from Chennai.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
Open to both AMD and Intel processors. Overclocking is only for future use if at all the system slows down or something. Not planning to change the system for atleast 4 years. Does it make sense to go for an unlocked processor for future overclocking or should i just get a normal processor?

:-? Open to all suggestions

Last edited:

shawn301287

Broken In
Re: Need Help - New Gaming/Entertainment PC - Build from Scratch - Budget 40-45k

i3-3225 + Gigabyte B75-D3H = 11750
Gskill 4GB/8GB = 1450/2650
Dell 22" = 8600
Corsair CX430 = 2450
Seagate 1TB = 4500
NZXT Gamma Cabinet = 2100
Keyboard/Mouse Combo = 750
LG/ASUS Rom = 1000
total = 32550/-
Prices are approx for you, cos these are todays price are per lamington market, Mumbai.
Add a graphics card and speakers which wil add another 10k o 12k extra, and you'l hav an awesome config, with USb 3.0 and windows support, enough in built graphics(infact thats the max thats available as of now) and latest i3 available.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Intel Core i5 2500K - Rs 12500
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H- Rs 8050
Corsair Value Ram 4 GB - Rs 1150
GPU - PowerColor HD7770 1GB GDDR5 128BIT - Rs 8110
HDD - WD Caviar Blue 500GB - Rs 3400
SMPS - CORSAIR CX500V2 - Rs 3200
Cabinet - NZXT Gamma - Rs 2400
OPD - Samsung SH-S 223F - Rs 975
Keyboard /Mouse - Rs 650
Display - Philips 21.5inc LED Monitor 1920 x 1080 Full HD (227E3QPHSU-IPS) - Rs 8400 (Ips panel)

Total - Rs 48,835/-

With this system you are pretty covered with your future and present requirements.

Edit: Spend on the i5 2500K and the Z77 mobo only if you are sure about the overclocking part. If not then get an i3 rig with a powerfull GPU and maybe a 60GB SSD.

Last edited:
OP
R

ramk89

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am confused now about overclocking.

If I go for the i3 route, how long do you think that the system would be relevant and able to play games smoothly? and wat monitor and GPU should I go for in the budget of around 10K each?

Last edited: