New Dell XPS M1530 Ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsbindra

Broken In
After deliberating for a loooong time and much help from this forum, ordered Dell XPS M1530 yesterday with the following config:-
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T7500 2.2 GHz, 4MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB
Windows Vista(R) Home Premium - with AERO experience
1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year Complete Cover
1 Year Priority PC User 24x7 Support (Round-The-Clock Technical Assistance)
1 ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PCMCIA CARD -S)
8-in-1 media card reader
Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet
Dell(TM) Travel Remote Control
Noise Isolation Ear Buds
External USB modem (WW)
RJ-11 Modem cable (AP)
Dell(TM) Keyboard with Touchpad (English)
15.4" Widescreen WXGA (1280x800) TFT Display with TrueLife(TM)
TY009 -Tuxedo Black LCD display with Integrated 2.0 mega pixel web cam
2GB (2 X 1024MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
Integrated Stereo Sound
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 8600M GT
160GB SATA Hard Drive

Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities
McAfee(R) Security Center(TM) – 30 days trial
Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
Intel(R) 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini-Card
Palmrest with Fingerprint Reader
90W AC Adapter
6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Targus Leatheroid Carrying Case Fits up to 15.4" Screen

The total cost is 62353/- inclusive of shippping and taxes. Expecting to get it in 15 - 20 days.

Any comments??? Good deal????

Sourabh

Laptoping
Great buy. You should've asked them about higher resolution LCD. Although it doesn't show in the customization option, it is available on the US website. 1280 x 800 is a bit too low for 15.4" wide LCD. It's no problem if you can live with 1280 x 800. Higher resolution screens on XPS M1530 would've set you back by another 5k.

Dell has some money back/replacement policy within 30 days of purchase (just in case you need). Ask the Dell reps for more details.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Well it is better than the Dell inspiron 1520 in terms of performance as it sports a nVidia Geforce Go 8600 GT with 256 MB GDDR3 VRAM, where Dell Inspiron 1520 can only offer 256 MB DD2 VRAM in the same card. :mad:

OP
N

nsbindra

Broken In
Lappy delivered on 14 Jan. 5 days ahead of the promised date. It is lying all packed in front of me. But can't touch it till Dell engineer comes for installation. Expected tomorrow ie 19 Jan. Can't wait to lay my hands on it.

Geforce

Journeyman
@nsbindra:

Please could you post a screenshot of the result of the GPU-Z utility on your laptop. I just want to confirm that 8600GT contains GDDR3 type of memory instead of the slower GDDR2 type.

I would really appreciate this. All this I am asking since I am also going for this laptop but dell sales rep say it has DDR2 memory in graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

Geforce

Journeyman
Check this out: *www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8600.html

It says 256 MB DDR3.

Using GDDR3 is not binding on the manufacturers. For example in Dell Inspiron 1520 model 8600GT is only offered with 256MB GDDR2 memory. This can be confirmed from the dell website if you try and configure the 1520 laptop.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
fine .. but spending bloody 62K .. nd still not getting
>WXGA+
>Why 6cell ... should have gone for 9cell primary
>and may be 3GB Ram .

except that its good. just my thought
Regards

Geforce

Journeyman
:) Finally mail from Dell that they would like to correct their earlier statement and that NVIDIA in XPS M1530 is DDR3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom