New Dell xps 15 laptop

Symbianlover

Always on net
This November Dell will launce its new line Dell xps 15.I get the details about xps 15 from dell website.New xps come with nvidia geforce GT420 Graphics card.I want to know something about gpu before order it.is it able to play crisis,badcompany 2.
Is there any beter option for me?
My budget is around 70k.and i am a big fan of game.so plz replay.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
GT 240M, GT 330M, HD 4650, HD 5650 and HD 4670 are faster than GT 420M. See whether it has the option to go for stronger graphics.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Is there any beter option for me?

0)
ATI HD5730 Mobility Radeon (If they ever update their Studio XPS 16 i.e., SXPS 16 line for India. Available abroad :evil:)

1)
GT435M for XPS 15 (Only available with i7 proccy for India only :twisted:)

2)
GT445M for XPS 17 (Only available abroad, might be available in India next yr. :shock:)(Class 1 GPU)

Compare yourself:

Comparison of Laptop Graphics Cards - Notebookcheck.net Tech

aniket.cain

Padawan
There is an option for GT 435, which is slightly better than 5650. It will cost you 69k with i7-740. Check the site:
Dell XPS 15

OP
S

Symbianlover

Always on net
my question is that,is GT 420 and GT 435 able to play game like crysis and badcompany 2?

I am sure that the xps 15 is best for multimedia work with its good config.but is it able to play game?it's very serious question for me.coz i am a big fan for game and want to play upcoming game beside my work.plz suggest me.is ther any other choice for me.my buget is 70k to 75k.

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
You will be able to play most of the current games, but in low to mid settings. Don't expect all the eye-candy and stuff.
If you really want a gaming laptop, then you will have to spend a lot more. Most of the gaming laptops are not available in India and you'll have to get them imported, which will result in skyrocketing prices.

If you are really interested in spending more, thEn look for Asus G73JH. You'll get it for around 95k+.

Or you can get HP Envy 17 for around 85k which has ATI 5850 GPU and has a long list of high-end features.

OP
S

Symbianlover

Always on net
thanks for replay.how about msi GX640?It's a core i5 laptop with 5850 gpu.anyone know it's price in india?r it available in india?

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
It will cost you more than 90k. I saw some online shop selling it in India. But I dont remember how I found the link. However, Asus G73JH is a much better laptop and has somewhat of a cult following. Also, have you checked the HP Envy 17 on HP's site?

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
This new review is just in, with game benchmarks/etc:

Dell XPS L501x: An Excellent Mainstream Notebook

(7 page article)

Source: AnandTech

Jiten

Right off the assembly line
Hi i am an software guy and need laptop for development related work which need some multiple and memory consuming apps at same time like MSVS-2010, MSSQL-2005, Java etc. I am planning to buy Dell XPS16 or HP-ENVY17 :???:. My budget is around 50-55K. Suggest me the best option.

I am looking following config in my first laptop:- :grin:
1)4 or more GB RAM
2)500GB SDD
3)i5 core processor
4)1080p screen display
5)Support service
---performance matters me a lot. :!:

Also suggest should i purchased (if DELL) direct from online or is there any DELL authorized dealer in DELHI? :???:

Looking for your quick responses :)

Thanks in advance!!!! :) :)

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Hi i am an software guy and need laptop for development related work which need some multiple and memory consuming apps at same time like MSVS-2010, MSSQL-2005, Java etc. I am planning to buy Dell XPS16 or HP-ENVY17 :???:. My budget is around 50-55K. Suggest me the best option.

I am looking following config in my first laptop:- :grin:
1)4 or more GB RAM
2)500GB SDD
3)i5 core processor
4)1080p screen display
5)Support service
---performance matters me a lot. :!:

Also suggest should i purchased (if DELL) direct from online or is there any DELL authorized dealer in DELHI? :???:

Looking for your quick responses :)

Thanks in advance!!!! :) :)

Out of you budget dear

Jiten

Right off the assembly line
@modder I think i can get these mentioned configuration in DELL under my budget. Or if it is not so, i can add some more amount but i am confused which laptop should choose. Please help on above post.

modder

RAMPAGE!!!!
Then, Envy 17 of course.

India's SXPS 16 (If you're talking about this one) is really antique.

But for software & database development, I would recommend Workstation NBs, such as HP EliteBook...

Last edited:
Top Bottom