New Customs or Taxes

Hi there fellow members,

I heard India changed rules and now they will charge customs on all TVS doesnt matter if it comes as checked in backage or freight.

I am getting a good deal on sharp 60 inch led TV for 900 CAD. 300 are shipping charges. I was wondering how much could the customs be. Will they use my invoice to calculate it or they check the price of something similar in India itself and decide?

Thanks in advance

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
They would of course NOT see the price of something similar in India, of course!

They would calculate the customs on the price you declare the product at. And according to my recent experience customs can be very high.

I purchased a Core i5 processor worth $200. And it cost me a custom of about Rs 2752.00! (Thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176084)
But if you can mark the product as "gift" then it might help. You may even get zero custom if the product is marked as gift.

OP
M

manindersinghgill

Broken In
They would of course NOT see the price of something similar in India, of course!

They would calculate the customs on the price you declare the product at. And according to my recent experience customs can be very high.

I purchased a Core i5 processor worth $200. And it cost me a custom of about Rs 2752.00! (Thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176084)
But if you can mark the product as "gift" then it might help. You may even get zero custom if the product is marked as gift.

Hi Vyom,

I am not sure how gifts gonna work. So can I say I got it as a gift for my mom dad or something like that?

Top Bottom