NEW AVG FREE edition BASED on AVG 7 Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkat

Technomancer
A new version of AVG FREE edition is available now.Previous one was based on AVG 6 Pro and the new one is base on AVG 7 Pro.

Features are:-
Automatic update functionality

The AVG Resident Shield, which provides real-time protection as files are opened and programs are run

The AVG E-mail Scanner, which protects your e-mail

The AVG On-Demand Scanner, which allows the user to perform
scheduled and manual tests

Free Virus Database Updates for the lifetime of the product

AVG Virus Vault for safe handling of infected files

Download from this link:-
*free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/Get+AVG+FREE/lng/us/tpl/v5

PS:-From December 31st, 2004, database updates and support for older versions of AVG Free Edition will no longer be available.

sav_more

Journeyman
avg detected viruses(parite.a or something) & trojans on my pc that norton&pccillin could not detect.
AVG rulez!!!

OP
swatkat

swatkat

Technomancer
AVG is far better than even some of the paid antivirus services! I wonder how they pull it off
AVG Free is not pulled off.It is available with new improved core.

funkymonkey

Journeyman
its a good Antivirus, no doubt about it. But i like Antivir better, AVG dosent exactly have small footprint, does consume considerable system resources.
Antivir has been reascently released all new engine and is by most expert believed to be best free antivirus. Detects Trojans, Virus, Andy malicious codes that may harm your PC. Gived in depth reports, great antivirus. Dosent even take 5Mb of system memory.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
avgg definitely rules............I've used antivir.its good but gives too much false warning.....AVG is good but its interface is boring

silverTwins

Broken In
AVG SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX BIG TIME GUYS i have hated it like hell and i am using the version 7 professional edition.

it really suxxxxxxxx coz it detects the viruses but never never never ever deletes them neither does it repair them so wats the use of having the av on ur system if all it does is inform u that u have viruses and dosnbt do anything else./
its like having a hanging sword on ur head with ur face seeing it suspended by a hair fibre..

guys in that matter antivir is the beszt as IT ATLEAST DELETES THE INFECTED FILES.

anyway i have used mcafee and have loved it.

accha guys will u believe if i told ya that i have a trick up my sleeves which will guarantee u liveupdate yeah NORTON LIVEUPDATESZ WITHOUT PAYING A BUCK FOR 220 YEARS FROM TODAY. THAT EFFECTIVELY MAKES IT UPDATABLE TILL 2200 MAN BELIEVE IT

ALL I ASK FOR IS A FRIENDSHIP IN RETURN

KONTAKT ME AT silvertwins@omnilect.com

funkymonkey

Journeyman
sidewinder said:
avgg definitely rules............I've used antivir.its good but gives too much false warning.....AVG is good but its interface is boring

Dude is it gives you warning then be assured its not false. It dectects codes that are acting withouyour permission like autoexecuting them or copying themselves etc etc.
If antivir gave you warning you probably have some sort of trojan or spyware on your pc.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I just uninstalled AVG 6 and installed NAV2005. NAV2005 destroyed my gaming experience. I did it becoz AVG tells u about trojans dwonloaded thru internet. To remove them u have do full system scan. But it couldn't do anything about blaster. Blaster I downloaded from MS update site as and update for XP SP1. But it had blaster. I had to reinstall my windows 6 times that day to ultimately com to know that the update had the virus. Damn AVG didn't recognise it. It doesn't have virus database. It will mention the class of the virus but not the actual name. It also doesn't give u info about how to remove it? It detected blaster only after installation of blaster. After which it would automatically shut down. So does any know if NAV or Anti Vir was able to heal a blaster infestation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom