New Android tablet launches for $99

socrates

In the zone
*tech2.in.com/news/tablets/new-android-tablet-launches-for-99/236812

If its true then great but didn't we hear something similar from 'Simputer' & the Rs 1500 computer from then HRD minister Kapil Sibal.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
It will be released with a resistive touchscreen for sure. But it will be released for sure, the same company released a windows ce tab for Rs8888.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am hoping for its launch soon. That's a Very competitive price!
Btw, @socrates: That tablet which you heard from Kapil Sibbal was just for students, and highly subsidized, whereas, this tablet looks purely for commercial. And $99 is a good price in that regard!

OP
socrates

socrates

In the zone
I am hoping for its launch soon. That's a Very competitive price!
Btw, @socrates: That tablet which you heard from Kapil Sibbal was just for students, and highly subsidized, whereas, this tablet looks purely for commercial. And $99 is a good price in that regard!

Yes But where is it? Last I heard it was given for testing to some students, its been a long time but no news of it being deployed for the purpose it was meant. :D

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
Yes But where is it? Last I heard it was given for testing to some students, its been a long time but no news of it being deployed for the purpose it was meant. :D

afaik, IITs in the north-western states have already received a shipment. Can't remember the article, but i'm damn sure that i've read it from authentic sources! :)
google it

OP
socrates

socrates

In the zone
afaik, IITs in the north-western states have already received a shipment. Can't remember the article, but i'm damn sure that i've read it from authentic sources! :)
google it

That's what I was referring to in my post. Those were for testing & were given to more than one IIT. But its been some time now & no reports on it anymmore. Also there were reports of one manufacturer (A big boy in h/w) backing out & another (A much smaller company) coming in. I wonder what effect that has had on this project. Plus I don't think the govt NOW has any time for such things when there are other issues to attend to.

Top Bottom