Never buying a SONY phone again !

wHEN Did i shout that my Xperia SP is great. Ever since i bought it i've been posting queries and problems on TGF .I am not like some people in this forum who starts worshiping their phone after they buy it.Like certain fanboys who cant see their phone's limitations (battery life+limited internal memory)and just claim it to be the best because they own it and it gives them self satisfaction out of that. :D

that u can see here:dead LG phone

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-tablets/177006-urgent-optimus-l9-suddenly-dead.html

I meant SEEN in real life.. Have seen many Sony and Samsungs in brick condition but never saw a "spoiled" LG IRL

kapilove77

Padawan
My sony xperia zl is running fine till now though. Even rooted without any problem and battery improved over the time. I am not heavy user though. OP just got unlucky. I love my Xperia ZL. Haters gonna hate no matter what.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Managed to get hold of few people who have the cracked screen problem with the help of an insider in sony service center .
Need to know what else we can do .
The screen has cracked without any physical damage for all of us , same for everyone , removed from pocket and next moment screen is cracked . Even if we want to pay the entire amount of the replacement ie 20k we still have to wait 35-40 days since there is a long waiting period due to shortage . Same was the case in two other Sony service center in which i inquired , one from Thane and one in Mumbai .

My sony xperia zl is running fine till now though. Even rooted without any problem and battery improved over the time. I am not heavy user though. OP just got unlucky. I love my Xperia ZL. Haters gonna hate no matter what.
I guess you are lucky , but i have noticed the screen cracked issues are more in XZ and not XZL.

Went to facebook yesterday and there are many pages relating to this issue , disturbed to see so many people facing this issue and sony not doing anything .

problem is not with sony problem is with all service center in india . & no company is exception for it .
Well this time i think its the other way around . The insider guy from sony center explained that they are not authorized or trained by sony to work on z series other then a software issue . Even they are helpless . They are working as suggested to them by SONY . If there is a hardware issue and if the phone is in warranty they ship it by speedpost back to the company . This takes time and money .

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
You already spent 32k and now 20k for replacement..... That's total of 52k.... :eek:
Not worth for a phone.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

Your post is adding nothing to the discussion here. This is about Sony's exorbitant repair charges of a known issue without fault of the consumer. I wonder what would be your reaction if tables were turned and your xperia zl screen cracked out of nowhere and sony charged 20k for replacement. You will s tart hating ;)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
We need a mod to clean up this thread.. I can see this getting deviated from the actual topic..
To OP:
Its very sad to hear about your loss.. 20k for screen replacement is outrageous.. Usually the total cost of manufacturing a phone like XZ will be around 20-25k..
Please go to consumer forum and lodge a complaint.. Try AKOSHA, it might be worth it
Hope you get this problem fixed dude

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Wow OP that was quite unfortunate.Hope the guys over at Sony solve your problem as soon as possible.I like Sony products but even the most reputed brands can have faulty products.Hope your issue gets rectified soon hopefully without spending any more money.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
OP: Can you upload a scan image of your SXZ Bill/Cash Memo here? I need to check something :)

I Will PM you these details if that is of any help . I had earlier emailed them to some sony officials but only reply i got back was that " due to physical damage the warranty cannot be claimed as per sony policy " . I have the purchase invoice , my service id job reciept of the broken screen but cant seem to find the service id when i first sent the phone when there was a software issue .

Last edited:

Nuxer

liNux+usER
Here is another short story of Sony mobile user. My phone was a Live with Walkman (Rs.14550/-). Touch wasn't responding after 1.6 years (out of warranty time). Visited a sony service center (Also a Micromax service center :-(). They asked 5000/- :shock: for repair. Now phone is RIP in my Cupboard.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^I dont understand why you are so surprised to see this.. The same thing happens at nokia and samsung service center also.. A friend of mine recently got the touch panel replaced for his Galaxy S2 for 5.5k (out of warranty)
touch panel isnt cheap, nor is it outrageously priced at 20k, as in case of OP

Nuxer

liNux+usER
^At the time of discontinuation, the price of phone was around 11K. That is almost half the price of a new phone. Friend, Galaxy S2 was a costly model of Samsung. But the cost of touch screen is only 5.5K according to you. Here is the difference between Sony and other manufacturers.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Cost of a touch panel usually ranges from 3k for low end phones to 7k for mid high end ones..
5k isnt a surprising price, ask around a bit at various service centers, you will understand what im talking about..
BUT, the cost of replacing touch screens at MMX, Karbonn and Lava is quite low comparatively.. if they ever replace, that is

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Hey @Nerevarine , i had a note 2 earlier ( see link in post 1 for proof ) which i sold to a friend . After few months that fellow fell from his Honada activa terribly Breaking 2 front teeths and scratches all over the body , imagine what happened to the phone , screen shattered and dents everywhere . We managed to replace the screen from authorized samsung service center in vashi navi mumbai for 7k .
I liked my Xperia Z more then the note 2 . Its only sony that i am hating right now , they are taking indian customers for granted .
Anyway i am out of town right now , will be back on Saturday to see whats the progress . I have mailed some officials and also complained on official sony blog ( which is a good thing from sony ) , this would definately escalate my issue !

Top Bottom