Networking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtea

In the zone
*img120.imageshack.us/img120/450/slide1bh3.jpg
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/4228/slide2xd5.jpg
*img401.imageshack.us/img401/2618/slide3wb7.jpg

I want to network PC 1 & PC2 for internet. I'm having problem with PC 2.
Pic 1 : PC1 and PC2 can connect to the internet and everything is fine. But i need to move PC1 to the room where i kept my router.

Pic 2 : Thje 60m cable is cross cable, PC1 & PC2 are connected but not the router,

Pic 3 : PC1 connected to the net, I interchanged POC1 and PC2 but PC2 is not connected. I'm using Realteck onboard for PC1 and via ethernet for PC2

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
First of all 60meters is a lot of distance! What quality CAT cable do you use? Coz at that distance almost all the times i've seen that there is very poor SNR.

Secondly, from what I see the router is wifi enabled and you'd want PC1 to be moved near the router. If that is the case then but a PCI wifi card for less than 900 bucks. Connect it directly (wireless connection) to the router while maintaining your switch + PC2 setup (untouched). This is the most simple and cost effective way!

OP
V

valtea

In the zone
thanks for the reply. Actually my router is not wifi enabled. i just used a pic from the internet. What i suspect is the Onboard Lan card of PC2. Since PC1 is getting the signal even after 60mts. PC2 is using via compatible card (onboard) while PC1 is using REalteck. I will try to get a good lan card for PC2 and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom