Network Problem **** PLZ HELP GUYS *****

yarasu

Broken In
Dual Network Problem **** PLZ HELP GUYS *****

I have 2 lanports in my motherboard with a cable internet connection from Hathway

I want to connect my pc with my friends network (their connections is also Hathway but different modem) but not to change my ip to their ip address

Present i am using like this

*img35.imageshack.us/img35/6404/presentusing.jpg

By disabling their network i can use my net. If i start two lan ports simultaneously then my ip changing to their ip.
*img690.imageshack.us/img690/5181/problemma.jpg

I want to connect with their network for data transmitting and using as renderfarm. I dont want their network connection.
*img822.imageshack.us/img822/9900/76871901.jpg

Please any one solve my problem. I dont much about pc and network.

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Try this:
In the pc with 2 lan ports (bottom left in the pic above), go to the properties of the networks... Select the network with LAN Port 1 (only local networking)... Here, look into properties of the TCP/IP protocol - If it is set to Obtain IP address automatically, reset it manually - set IP as 192.168.1.4, subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and NO Gateway.

In the network with LAN port 2 (internet connection), set it to obtain IP address automatically with gateway matching IP address of the modem...

If this is not sufficient to sort your problem, check into the firewall settings in your system... You should be able to restrict the access of desired lan port to only local network...

Hope that helps
Arun

OP
Y

yarasu

Broken In
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

And Thank you ARUN.... my problem solved oooooooo maaan:razz:

Top Bottom