Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You should surely disconnect the server from the network. You will have to clean off all the machines before you can connect the server again to the network. It will mean a lot of downtime but it will have to be done to wipe off the virus effectively.

OP
R

ra_sriniketan

In the zone
Killed it.Its the famous Kamasutra/blackmal/CD-VB.If anyone gets infected by it heres the process to disinfect:
Download the virus removal tool for blackmal.e from Symantec.com.
Unplug the machines from the network.
Run the removal tool from CD ROM cause if anyone try to run it from a pendrive/floppy the virus will get into it and might corrupt the emoval tools.
This will clean up your machines completely from the virus.
Now install any good anti-virus with the latest update.I m using Norton.
Run a full system scan.
Plug into the network.
But remember to clean all the machines in the network if they get affected cause if a single machine contains it, it will run through the network like hell.
Facts:It will upgrade itself on every 3rd of the month, only if its already in ur machine.
Theres nothing to worry about while accesing the E-mail,just be careful not to download anything dubious,particularly .scr,.mim files,it might come from a friend's address of yours thats the way it spreads.
As far as I have seen it won't effect the files that r within the folders,only the open placed files r getting affected.
If the virous affects your PC u will see lots of zip files in your PC and a winzip.tmp file in C drive.
Thats it.
Cheers!

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
Ohhhhh the ongoing virus stuck u :D well nice to know that u r out of it...welll thanks for the instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom