Network Connectivity blues in Windows 7 , Win Xp was easier!! Help here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi there guys,

I am currently using the Tataindicom Broadband WiMax plan . I got myself a new laptop ( yes the Acer Aspire 5740G with 1 GB ati hd5650 yumm ) and it has windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I am liking Windows 7 very much, thank you Microsoft. But I have a problem and a query here.
Whenever my LAN cable is dislodged and looses connection to the port for sometime , i have noticed that I am unable to connect to the net anymore. Samething happens if I restart my machine . Now in Windows XP I could simply disable the LAN (right click on blinking computers , disable! ) and wait for sometime and ReEnable the LAN connection ( clicking on the LAN shortcut icon !! ) and voila all was good! But in Windows 7 ( and in Vista too ) I have to reset the modem (power off and power on) and that is the only thing which brings back the connection . I would have hoped the Windows7 and Vista having better networking features and stuff, but this is just plain silly!! Something which can be achieved so simply in XP is such a bother in these two OS ...

Have any of you ever faced this issue ? I hope so , because I would so hate to be the only one in a fix here!! Is there any way out of this ?

Looking forward to your suggestions / replies / rants :)

Regards!!

EDIT :: I am not looking for "How to enable and disable LAN connection in Windows 7 or Windows Vista" , as I tried doing that ( and seem to have not made it clear in the original rant ...) and that does not work ...

Last edited:

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
rants???!
Yes, networking features are not as good as XP. I had to look up the Internet to place an icon of my Internet connection on my desktop.

i have the same problem of internet getting disconnected for a while due to line problems but in my case, win7 displays redial option as soon as line gets back into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom