Network Configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RajuTiwari

Vista or Pista(He hee)
Hi Digit members,i've started a Cybercafe with 22 pcs nd my ISp is Broadband.How can i connect nd share internet connection nd which Hub is best passive or intelligent.plz help .Thanx in advance

OP
R

RajuTiwari

Vista or Pista(He hee)
Hi mediator,Which wireless device best nd cost effective nd how can i do share internet connection?

i think there r many softwares which for cyber cafe for bandwidth distribution for differnet pc.... for hubs, go for any 2-4 good pc hardware shops...ask them abt solution... also look for existing cyber cafes and do surveys.....always go for latest and effective technology.... some cyber cafe r worst in service, security and speed.... also do survey of ppl where ur cyver cafe exist abt internet usage.....always be updated with latest tech if u in IT business....

OP
R

RajuTiwari

Vista or Pista(He hee)
arey bhai mai kah raha hu ki if i'll use Hub then how can i do share internet connection i mean " network share "nd used wireless then how cai i do it?
plz guide me

mediator

Technomancer
@RAju : I'm talking about a wireless router! U can do a google search to find which router suits u.
Also u shud read this => Wireless Lan myths
After that enabling the internet connectivity on all the PCs will be child's play!

Read this tooo!
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42774&highlight=wireless
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46209

@sivarap : I think we can have discussion if u really have a practical experience with the wireless setup thing! Tell me what is better : A cheap setup with costly and hectic maintainence afterwards or a little costly setup with subsequently very cheap and easy maintainence afterwards?

mediator

Technomancer
2. Only things of interest are that it includes 4 point switch i.e u can connect 4 computers through wires with it also. It supports firewire
I think this is what u read. Well this says that my wireless router also supports wireline connectivity. With a wireless router u can connect many routers. I have set the limit of my router to "50".

So I can form a W-LAN of 50 computers i.e wireless (which I can increase) and a LAN of 4 computers i.e wireline.........so a total arrangement of 54 computers. I hope its clear now.

Goten

Banned
Actually if its a cyber cafe then u want iit cheap....If not go for hubs from DLINK.

n Yeah dont go for wireless....It will b costly.

On the other hand lan cables wont cost u a bit.

Peace~~~!

mediator

Technomancer
^The last time I went to Nehru Place, a 3 mts long LAN wire costed me around Rs. 100. And I dont think that any sane person will clutter up 2 PCs within one meter and buy a 1 mtr wire that wud stretch to its limits. Now think about the wooden division bet. the PCs in a cyber cafe tooo. So u think it wont cost a bit? U may like to rethink a little deeply this time and ponder about the wire congestion all around!
If u wanna implement the BUS topology, then the poor guy will have to do a little wooden architecture there. Do u know the price of that and how much messy it'll be for maintainence and if more PCs are to be inducted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom