Netbook suggestion

kriplani

Broken In
Dear Friends,

Can u please suggest some netbook/ laptop for following usage:

1) What is your budget?
Around Rs. 20,000/-

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: HP, ASUS, DELL

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
General business applications and net surfing on the move; portability and battery life are important considerations

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Whatever best i can get in my budget

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Would be happy to purchase locally from Mumbai; brand should have good ASS; expect it to work for for 3-4 years

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you want netbook, increase budget to ~25k. only then will you get something that will last 3-4yrs in terms of performance. for 20k, check these: Lenovo Ideapad S205 & Acer Aspire One 725

OP
K

kriplani

Broken In
if you want netbook, increase budget to ~25k. only then will you get something that will last 3-4yrs in terms of performance. for 20k, check these: Lenovo Ideapad S205 & Acer Aspire One 725

Thanks mod.
I can consider extending my budget to approx. 25-27K, but then, i get confused whether to go for 10" Netbook and 14" Laptop.
Request guidance from learned members.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks mod.
I can consider extending my budget to approx. 25-27K, but then, i get confused whether to go for 10" Netbook and 14" Laptop.
Request guidance from learned members.

with 14-15", battery backup will reduce to around 4hrs under normal workload. with netbook expect 6-7hrs backup but then no netbook can compete with a full fledged laptop when it comes to performance. so decide on battery backup + portability against performance.

OP
K

kriplani

Broken In
with 14-15", battery backup will reduce to around 4hrs under normal workload. with netbook expect 6-7hrs backup but then no netbook can compete with a full fledged laptop when it comes to performance. so decide on battery backup + portability against performance.

The laptop is not going to be used for gaming etc. Was looking at options and found this - HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop at:
HP Pavilion G6-1318AX Laptop (APU Dual Core A4/ 2GB/ 320GB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph): Flipkart.com

Is there anything similar in specs., with 14" or less screen, so that battery life and weight can be bettered? Will this last for for 3-4 years?

regards,

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
this one looks interesting: Lenovo Ideapad S400. What lenovo has done with this particular laptop is they took an ultrabook but used an ULV (Ultra Low Voltage) Pentium Dual Core processor instead of Core i-series. This keeps the price low (half that of ultrabook) and should run cool all the time. Best part is it should be almost as fast as any other Pentium Dual Core processor based laptop but at the same time give netbook like battery life (5-6hr).

another one is this HP Pavilion 14-B012AU Sleekbook. but HP has went with a netbook processor and added Windows 8. But my money still goes on the above laptop if you want light weight + low cost + moderate battery.

OP
K

kriplani

Broken In
Thanks for the info mod.
After your suggestion, I am now in mood to go for a 14" laptop based on PDC B960. Which brand to go for: Lenovo, HP, Samsung, Fujitsu w.r.t ASS?

Saw these options:
Laptops - Buy Laptops Online at Best Prices in India - Computers | Flipkart.com

Also, does the seller provide driver disc with the laptop? I m not sure how to get drivers?

Request your valuable inputs.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
HP for best ASS. Lenovo & Samsung too have some well priced laptop and standard warranty. Fujitsu too but do check where their service center is and they have extremely limited range of laptops in the Indian territory so won't recommend for now.

most provide driver disc and some (HP) give the necessary drivers in the HDD. you can create a disc out of those if you want. and as all drivers will be at least 6-7 months old, you'll need to download updated driver from manufacturer's site anyway.

OP
K

kriplani

Broken In
I think all my doubts have been cleared. Thanks mod.
Will check out locally for HP/ Lenovo, to get look & feel.

OP
K

kriplani

Broken In
Bought a Lenovo B490 locally for 24K. Computing seems fine. Speakers are below par. With power saver mode on, gives 4 hrs+ battery life.

index.jpg

Top Bottom