.NET vs Java... What side are you On?

.NET vs Java... What side are you On?

• Total voters

shashankm

I reign hell..
Thats like asking Sunny Leone or Karen Malhotra.
Each language has got its own sweet n sour grims. Depends on what you are comfortable with, I am a Java lobbyist can vouch for C/C++ as well!

OP
dead.night7

dead.night7

Journeyman
Lol... I dint knew who Malhotra was, that was good. Well actually guys, I found the answer... according to me
The answer was like,
------------------------------------------------------------
Requirements plays an important factor for any language to be utilized, Take the example, If you want to build an App that will be "like" the SQL Database, The users and the programmers alike, indeed want better performance for any and every SQL Query imposed on the application, Thats where performance factor comes to play, They all want their queries to fire up much faster this is when I will probably use a language that is much closer to the hardware (Indeed C/C++), Hardware means, accessing the data inside tables residing in HDD, this is where I must consider should be the essential performance factor when millions of users might want to access the Enterprise Application the SQL queries must be faster else the entire App will be down,

On the other hand, when a developer wants to create an application for someone who has a basic set of requirements, which do not imply that the app must have to be faster, Indeed it will be fast, But this is when, the developer will ask for a Framework that is previously built,
and By doing such thing he will basically concentrate more on the Business point of view where the Software will be used at the first place, rather than looking at the low level details, he can seriously then make an Application in an Agile environments

So The conclusion: Whenever person is intended interested in the making of the application in a rapid environment, He will not care whether which language framework to choose upon, If the application needs performance or whether the application needs to fulfill a basic set of limited requirements in which performance does not plays a role into!!...

Hrishi

For me C#/.NET is easy to learn and develop as I am more acquianted to Windows.

Although these days , I am involved in learning Java , since I am looking for Open-Source Developmnent. And also because its Platform-independent.
Job opportunities seems more in Java to me. Although the learning curve is a big higher for Java compared to .Net.

As far as basic programming is concerned C# and Java looks pretty similiar to me. //

For Windows , C#/.NET seems best to me.For anything else its JAVA.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just for information.... little bit old news also
It's far from the first time that computer users have been warned to disable Java, but this latest security issue has risen to some high levels at a particularly rapid pace. After first being reported by security researchers on Thursday, the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (or US-CERT, a part of the Homeland Security department) stepped in with a warning of its own on Friday, which bluntly suggested that all computer users should disable Java in their web browsers (for its part, Oracle says that a fix is coming "shortly"). The flaw itself is a vulnerability in the Java Security Manager, which an attacker could exploit to run code on a user's computer.

Not content to wait for a fix, some companies have already taken steps to block possible exploits. That includes Apple, which has added recent versions of Java to its blacklist covering all OS X users, and Mozilla, which has enabled its "Click To Play" functionality in Firefox for all recent versions of Java across all platforms (it was previously only enabled by default for older versions of Java). Apple's move follows an earlier decision to remove the Java plug-in from browsers in OS X 10.7 and up last fall. You can find the full alert issued by US-CERT and additional details on the vulnerability at the links below.

Apple has recently released a Mac update for OS X Lion and Mountain Lion that removes its Java plugin from all OS X browsers. If you install the update, you'll find a region labeled "Missing plug-in" in place of a Java applet; of course, Apple can't stop you from clicking on it to download a Java plug-in directly from Oracle. The Cupertino-based company had previously halted pre-installing Java in OS X partially due to the exploitable factors of the platform, so this update signifies further distancing from Larry Ellison's pride and joy.

US-CERT warns users to disable Java in web browsers, Apple and Mozilla move to block it
Apple says no Java for you, removes plugin from browsers on OS X 10.7 and up

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
in my opinion there is no such thing as java is easier to learn or .net is easier to learn and this is applicable only when you are still studying and learning the basics but once you get out and actually go and work in a software company you will know how different it is, how difficult and challenging it will be, the new things that you learn everyday etc and also you will come to know that software development much much more than a programming language (things like sql and database which are very important), also there is hell lot of competition out there for various job positions..

also i think .NET is more popular because of various technologies offered by Microsoft like SharePoint (largest and the most used CMS), WCF, EPM, MSBI, Windows Azure and recently the use of HTML, CSS and java script for windows 8 app development which is a big plus for all the asp.net developers like me

On topic: it will be .NET for me as I am already working on it

donnawhite

Broken In
There are plenty of websites i've been created in it because it's too secure language rather then other languages...I loves .net

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
IMO....no language is secure unless to provide a good logic to your application, You leave a loop hole and you get nice beating for it!!!!!! :)

Top Bottom