Net surfing in LINUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
How can I configure settings in Live CD to add modem or other hardware to surf net.which LIVE Cd should I use.experts plz help......

vish786

"The Gentleman"
if u hav connected ur modem to ethernet then any live cd will automatically configuring ur settings, but before booting into live cd keep modem on.

OP
ANURAG SHARMA

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
Sorry no ethernet, I want to know how can I configure a dial up through modem or add a gprs connection through mobile,how to install a driver and where.I am totally newbie to LINUX.

sandeepk

Journeyman
Which Live CD/DVD do you currently have? I think the linux when running does try to detect and configure all the devices by default. I think you can try by using some small live linux such as Slax. If your modem is of reputed brand then it will have little problem auto detecting it.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
use ubuntu, and here is the Detail guide with screenshots to setup dailup connection for it.
*www.ubuntugeek.com/setting-up-dial-up-connection-in-ubuntu.html

OP
ANURAG SHARMA

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
sandeepk said:
Which Live CD/DVD do you currently have? I think the linux when running does try to detect and configure all the devices by default. I think you can try by using some small live linux such as Slax. If your modem is of reputed brand then it will have little problem auto detecting it.

I am using slax LIVE CD,how can I install program by using which emulator.

vish786 said:
use ubuntu, and here is the Detail guide with screenshots to setup dailup connection for it.
*www.ubuntugeek.com/setting-up-dial-up-connection-in-ubuntu.html

Thanks for this useful info

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
btwn dont expect Internal modems(windows modems) to work for u in Linux.it is least supported.external modems are the real modems.
*linmodems.org

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
and for GPRS, read
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49242
OR
via Bluetooth - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49394

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom