Net not working on PC after removing router

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
3 days ago i bought a Netgear N150 JNR 1010 wireless router from my friend just to test its range. Since i am using MTNL(delhi) BB with Sterlite SAM300AX modem (provided by mtnl itself) when i connected router for first time i got an error of same IP address of my modem and router. So i changed router IP address following these instructions:
Sanjeev's Blog: Netgear Router JNR1010 N150 Configuration with MTNL/BSNL ADSL Modem

and then net worked fine on my GS3 and pc.

But now when i disconnect router and connect the wires as were before using modem, Internet is not working on PC. I am getting a Warning sign on the network icon (bottom left) and clicking on it shows: No Internet connection.

And strange part is : LAN LED on modem is not lighting up now. Only 'LINK' and 'POWER' is lighting and as soon as i connect back the router 'ACT' and 'LAN#' also start lighting and net again works fine on pc(though it took a bit of time and worked only after restarting modem and router).

So can anyone help in setting my modem back as i have to return this back to my friend.

And I was completely statisfied with this router (in terms of range i need) so what wud u guys suggest me to buy : this router or any other model in this range?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
run ipconfig /all in command prompt when using only modem & when using modem+router & post results here.

P.S.requesting mods to move this to networking section.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
First 2 screenshot are of modem+router and next two only with router

router1.png
router2.png

modem1.png
modem2.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
from your screenshots modem1&2 everything looks fine & net should work on your PC.you mention that when only modem is connected lan light does not lit up.when this happens check that you can open modem settings page by going to 192.168.1.1

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
now all of sudden net started working on pc with router alone but now 'LAN' light is blinking.. (it used to lit continuosly lit earlier before connecting this router)

and may be because of it net is working very slow.. i have tested speed with netgear genie and it comes to be 270kbps on my 512 kbps mtnl bb :(

any idea why is this blinking happening? and will uninstalling netgear genie help?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
since net was working slow i restarted my computer and after that it stopped working again (though lan light was blinking this time but had no access to internet) and as soon as i connected router back net started working fine..
and when net was not working i didnt had access to modem page (192.168.1.1)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your issue needs a deeper look at your network.post the screenshots of your MTNL modem interface tab---internet & lan settings.similarly post screenshots of connection & lan settings for netgear router.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
alright will luk into it but i think this is abt setting up router with modem and i have a different problem as stated above.. and this is on win xp and am on win7 :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
basic principles are same especially regarding configuring modem & router.unless you learn how to configure them you will face issues in future whenever you change something.

OP
D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
okay thanks matey
dnt knw how but nw router is working fine but getting very bad net speed
but dnt think that modem issue now as mtnl guys are saying it is due to some cable and will be sorted in 10-15days :(
anyways thanks a ton :)

Top Bottom