Net framework 3.5 required to install net framework 3.5!!!

Today I upgraded my OS to win 8 as advised by chaitanya. Reason was that my modem was not working since the guys at huawei are real nerds at developing win 7 drivers I suppose. Thankfully modem problem is resolved. But now a new problem has crept up. While installing many utility softwares they asked for net framework 3.5. So I downloaded the full installer from microsoft from here
Download .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (full package) from Official Microsoft Download Centre

But now when I try to install it, it also asks for net framework 3.5. It took me 6.5 hrs to download that 231 mb since 3g is not available in my area. The live installer fails to work on 2g connection. Please tell me what to do.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Today I upgraded my OS to win 8 as advised by chaitanya. Reason was that my modem was not working since the guys at huawei are real nerds at developing win 7 drivers I suppose. Thankfully modem problem is resolved. But now a new problem has crept up. While installing many utility softwares they asked for net framework 3.5. So I downloaded the full installer from microsoft from here
Download .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (full package) from Official Microsoft Download Centre

But now when I try to install it, it also asks for net framework 3.5. It took me 6.5 hrs to download that 231 mb since 3g is not available in my area. The live installer fails to work on 2g connection. Please tell me what to do.

On win8 .net 3.5 & 3.5.1 all are there but require a net connection for activating or dwnlding a few files <15mb..

also check this How to enable .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 in Offline Mode

Top Bottom