Needs a laptop with 16gb

sandip250382

Right off the assembly line
I need to purchase laptop with 16gb RAM or where RAM can be extensible to 16gb , This is needed due to large number of Oracle RAC nodes which I will install for testing and troubleshooting .I can spend up to 80K. Any advices regarding this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

$hadow

Geek in making
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/156722-questionnaire-laptop-notebook-purchase.html

Fill this first so that we can help you

OP
S

sandip250382

Here are the replies :-

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
80,000 INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like: No preference
b. Dislike: Samsung

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

1) To configure 5 nodes ORACLE RAC in Oracle 11g R2 version.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Screen resolution - 1360 * 768
Type - No preference

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

I want laptop with at least 16gb RAM which is must here for my multiple nodes design in Oracle RAC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sandy

trojanation

^ +1 to Lenovo Y500. It is THE best laptop available right now in that price range!

Otherwise you might want to consider MSI. They don't have customer care in India but have awesome configuration: MSI CX61 0NF-257US Notebook Intel Core i5 3210M(2.50GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M - Newegg.com

In any case, you will have to upgrade the RAM. I haven't come across a single laptop on Flipkart which has more than 8GB of RAM.

OP
S

sandip250382

Thanks a lot buddies for your suggestions, I will buy this in next month as some funding shortage this month, any new recommendations will be highly appreciated other than Lenovo Y500 .

For now 8GB is good enough........after a year adding 8GB extra is more sensible....

One more thing, Y500 has 2 RAM slots with only one slot occupied by 8GB RAM. Other slot is free. Mostly other manufacturers put 2x 4GB RAMs.

Remember for multi tasking, the HDD of 5400 RPM is a bottleneck. So I would recommend adding an mSATA SSD to Y500(mSATA slot is free, checked myself)
Check this one or this

You can get other options by just searching mSATA in ebay.in

Last edited:
OP
S

sandip250382

Friends, 16 gb is must for me as Oracle 11g Release 2 RAC consumes lot of resources and for each node, it will need 3GB RAM(I will create four nodes) to work in decent speed. What's about HP Envy M6-1213TX Laptop ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sandy

Top Bottom