Needed: Text/Document Reader for Nokia 5200 (S40)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Guys, I need a text/document reader for my Nokia 5200, its a Symbian 40 (S40) phone, I hv notes for WAP in MS WORD format so need a s/ware so that i can transfer the word documents to my phone and read it on the go...

Please, I am a novice to this so dnt hv any idea abt Text/Document readers.

Do help...

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Thanx, looking into them right away.. :)

I d/loaded Read Maniac from here---> *www.deep-shadows.com/hax/ReadManiac/index.htm did as i was said in the documentation adn installed the application onto my Nokia 5200, now how can i read MS Word documents on my fone ?? I think i'll hv to do sumthing extra..

Please help me guys.....

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
since i hafnt tried it myself, as i've mentioned in that thread i dunno. i'll try and let u know. meanwhile did u try the Doc_viewer app?

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Infra

Yup, i did give the Doc Viewer a shot, but i dunno wenever i start the application, it says this msg.. " Application Access set to Not Allowed" , then i press on "ok" and the Doc Viewer is empty, then i hv noticed there are 2 drives in the doc viewer, C: drive adn E: Drive, do tell me how can i put word files (for testing purpose) adn view using doc Viewer.

The application is installed in the Applications section of my nokia 5200.

Awating reply....

Check ur PM folder....

Cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok i dunno how is it done in nokia phones, but in SE phones there's an option to set permissions. once its allowed to access the file system it can open .doc files. check for similar settings on ur nokia 5200.

tincho

Right off the assembly line
Plain text editor for s40:
[SIZE=+3][/SIZE]*ar.geocities.com/apuntescelu/
Edit .txt. Read .rtf , .html, .doc.

Appliation Access problem is faced in SO many S40 phones, god knows what Nokia is doing!!
I have many apps like MobilePDF and MobileDOC, but the problem is that there is no option to set application access to "Always allow". We get 4 option sin Application Access>Data Access settings, and only 1st and 4th option is selectable.

Someone PLEASE find solution. I even put the .jar and .jad files in the memory card. How the hell do you give access to these apps??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom