Need to upgrade some PC components - also , buying advice in Bangalore would be appreciated!

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Edited the Original Post:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mid-High end games such as Crysis 3 , Battlefield 4 e.t.c

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50-55k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: N/A

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No need to buy HDD,RAM,Monitor,Cabinet

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: A month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore , would buy locally if available at cheaper rates than online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade to the following config (old config in signature):

Intel i5-4690K
MSI Z97 PC Mate
Coolermaster Hyper 212X
ASUS GTX770 2GB

Total cost from TheITDepot.com is estimated at 53K

I'm aware TheITDepot tends to overprice their components , so if anyone here lives in Bangalore and knows where to find this exact configuration , please tell me. Also , if you've got other websites which can offer the above at a lower price, do let me know! Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
*www.digit.in/forum/pc-components-c...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

Like I said, I'm just upgrading a part of my PC. I've decided on this config and I'd like some options on pricing is all , particularly in Bangalore. The above configuration was taken from the Buying Guide sticky btw.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Like I said, I'm just upgrading a part of my PC. I've decided on this config and I'd like some options on pricing is all , particularly in Bangalore. The above configuration was taken from the Buying Guide sticky btw.

Even so please do the following:

Asking for new PC help? ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS FIRST

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
sell that 560Ti and 8GB RAM. I "guess" it'd fetch around 10k. so your budget is now 65k ;)

now get this -

i7 4770k - 22k
MSI Z97 PC Mate - 8K
Sapphire R9 290 Tri X - 32k
TOTAL ~60k

IDK about coolers so let someone else reply to that.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
sell that 560Ti and 8GB RAM. I "guess" it'd fetch around 10k. so your budget is now 65k ;)

now get this -

i7 4770k - 22k
MSI Z97 PC Mate - 8K
Sapphire R9 290 Tri X - 32k
TOTAL ~60k

IDK about coolers so let someone else reply to that.

Can't sell the 560 Ti , it's worthless. See here:

*www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/186225-my-gtx-560ti-kaput-please-advise.html

So , no 10k and your config while excellent is too expensive :/

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel Core i5 4690K -16625, (theitdepot)
MSI Z97 PC Mate -8290, (flipkart)
Zotac GTX770 2GB -25999, (snapdeal)
Cooler Master Hyper 212x -2690. (flipkart)
TOTAL -53,604.

You can buy from Golchha Computers, Opp: Amar Radio Corporation, SP Road, Bangalore. They give very good prices. Their official website prices are exclusive of taxes so we have to add 5% VAT.
Website: Exclusive Showroom for Desktops, Laptops, Gaming PCs, Pro Audio Video Products - Golchha Computers
*www.golchhait.com/media/contacts/images/con_tel.png +91-80- 22278811 / 22998403 / 41146173.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Which monitor do you have?

Samsung P2370MS (23 inches). Don't need to upgrade, it's a great monitor and fits my requirements. I don't plan to game at more than 1080p.

Intel Core i5 4690K -16625, (theitdepot)
MSI Z97 PC Mate -8290, (flipkart)
Zotac GTX770 2GB -25999, (snapdeal)
Cooler Master Hyper 212x -2690. (flipkart)
TOTAL -53,604.

You can buy from Golchha Computers, Opp: Amar Radio Corporation, SP Road, Bangalore. They give very good prices. Their official website prices are exclusive of taxes so we have to add 5% VAT.
Website: Exclusive Showroom for Desktops, Laptops, Gaming PCs, Pro Audio Video Products - Golchha Computers
*www.golchhait.com/media/contacts/images/con_tel.png +91-80- 22278811 / 22998403 / 41146173.

Thanks, I'll check out Golchha. I hope they do some assembling though.

Top Bottom